MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

XDA LG Development Challenge Winners

Almost 3months ago, we set out with LGto findtwo amazing apps that developers could put together … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Can you turn off the boot sound?

OP ag3mo

3rd May 2014, 10:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
Anyone know if it's possible to get rid of the T-Mobile sound on boot? I'm rooted with a custom recovery but unable to get s-off if that helps anything.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
5th May 2014, 05:32 AM   |  #2  
Flag NW Suburbs of Illinois
Thanks Meter: 85

346 posts
More

Just name both files .bak at the end or just delete the 2 all together with your favorite root explorer.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
5th May 2014, 09:11 PM   |  #3  
Flag Cleveland, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 52

283 posts
More
Question
Should we delete the whole animation, or just the two jingle files at the top of the list?
6th May 2014, 08:38 AM   |  #4  
Flag Albuquerque
Thanks Meter: 128

308 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinoAMelone

Should we delete the whole animation, or just the two jingle files at the top of the list?

I'm thinking Just the jingle files. Deleting the whole animation would probably leave you with the classic, metallic "android" boot animation, as the T-Mobile part was probably just packed in to the original animation...
For safety reasons, I would do the "bak" thing, that way you still have easy access to those files if something goes wrong.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
6th May 2014, 02:25 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
Thanks for this. For some reason when I tried renaming the files with root explorer it looked like it worked but after reopening the app the files had reverted back to their original filenames. No idea what's going on with that. I ended up going into TWRP and renaming there which worked.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
7th May 2014, 01:37 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Themer
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 3,692

2,257 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag3mo

Thanks for this. For some reason when I tried renaming the files with root explorer it looked like it worked but after reopening the app the files had reverted back to their original filenames. No idea what's going on with that. I ended up going into TWRP and renaming there which worked.

Since you are s-on, you can't make directly make system changes while booted to OS. All changes will be reverted because you actually are not writing to system, it only appears that way. HTCs kernel provides system rw protection which prevents modification to system partition. You have three options, flash a custom kernel, use flar2s system rw mod, or reboot to twrp recovery and make changes using its built in file manager (changes made while in recovery will stick).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread