Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,832 Members 50,792 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Difference of different region android firmware by Samsung

Tip us?

Romanea
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Difference of different region android firmware by Samsung

Hello everyone! I have one question that keeps confusing my head. I want to know about the difference of different region Android firmware released by Samsung particularly coz I'm using Samsung Galaxy s3 i9300. Do those come with different features or sth else like different set of phone languages, says, in Europe region will their firmware contain related languages like French or English or can be Italian...etc, and for firmware of asian region, will it contain noticeably asian languages such as Chinese or Thai or Vietnamese ...etc,? Please help me out. Thanks in advance.

Riir
Old
Thanks Meter 374
Different firmwares are optimized for a particular country for example they will use different Wi-Fi channels and for different mobile communication infrastructures.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Riir For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 460

DONATE TO ME
Riir is right. As far as additional features from different firmwares - not typically. Sometimes there is something that is carrier specific or that one of the carriers asked Samsung to add or remove (like in the US for the S5, most of the carriers disabled the Download Booster, for example) but generally they all have the same underlying features. The languages and region specific stuff is often controlled by CSC files. I believe if you are rooted, you can change the CSC files in your current TW set up to enable some of that stuff.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / ? (One+1 maybe...)
The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Romanea
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s View Post
Riir is right. As far as additional features from different firmwares - not typically. Sometimes there is something that is carrier specific or that one of the carriers asked Samsung to add or remove (like in the US for the S5, most of the carriers disabled the Download Booster, for example) but generally they all have the same underlying features. The languages and region specific stuff is often controlled by CSC files. I believe if you are rooted, you can change the CSC files in your current TW set up to enable some of that stuff.
Thanks. So if i wanna have my preferred languages, say, i live in Cambodia then i want to have my specific Khmer language, will i need to change the CSC by rooting? Can it be done without rooting?

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 460

DONATE TO ME
It's possible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OleQJBd6S9w

Looks like you do have to root to have the ability to install the Khmer fonts.

http://lengdana168.blogspot.com/2013...cwm-khmer.html

Those instructions can be slightly different if you don't have that particular update, and you can use TWRP instead of CWM, if preferred, but's it's the general idea.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / ? (One+1 maybe...)
The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]