Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

AC charging issues, USB charging works. Help?

OP bahkata

6th May 2014, 03:01 AM   |  #1  
bahkata's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Msida
Thanks Meter: 10
 
84 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
Donate to Me
More
Hi guys,

Google's got nothing on the subject, so I'm betting on xda's infinite wisdom.

Few days ago AC charging started to . . flicker ( charging -> not charging -> charging. . etc.) No water damage, no drastic firmware changes ( updated to monxdified 6.2 after the flickering had begun - no dice ), tried various chargers and cables ( which work fine on an Xperia Z ) with the same result. Moving the cable around does not seem to affect the issue so I don't think it's a connection problem.

When I plug the same USB cables I use in a laptop's USB - all good. Charging speed, transfer speeds unaffected.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Let me know if u need more info.

Thanks in advance
6th May 2014, 01:29 PM   |  #2  
301stSpartan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore, India
Thanks Meter: 519
 
1,128 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahkata

Hi guys,

Google's got nothing on the subject, so I'm betting on xda's infinite wisdom.

Few days ago AC charging started to . . flicker ( charging -> not charging -> charging. . etc.) No water damage, no drastic firmware changes ( updated to monxdified 6.2 after the flickering had begun - no dice ), tried various chargers and cables ( which work fine on an Xperia Z ) with the same result. Moving the cable around does not seem to affect the issue so I don't think it's a connection problem.

When I plug the same USB cables I use in a laptop's USB - all good. Charging speed, transfer speeds unaffected.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Let me know if u need more info.

Thanks in advance

I had a similar issue of switching between charging and not charging. Was regardless of moving the cable around and happened even the phone and cord were sitting untouched. Don't remember if ac vs usb made any difference, but it continually got worse until I had to take it in under warranty. They just cleaned out the usb port and all was good again.

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to 301stSpartan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th May 2014, 02:23 PM   |  #3  
bahkata's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Msida
Thanks Meter: 10
 
84 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 301stSpartan

I had a similar issue of switching between charging and not charging. Was regardless of moving the cable around and happened even the phone and cord were sitting untouched. Don't remember if ac vs usb made any difference, but it continually got worse until I had to take it in under warranty. They just cleaned out the usb port and all was good again.

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanx bro. Played around a little bit with a broken toothpick and a bottle of cheap vodka and it's charging for now. Maybe he just needed a shot
The Following User Says Thank You to bahkata For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th May 2014, 02:32 PM   |  #4  
301stSpartan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore, India
Thanks Meter: 519
 
1,128 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahkata

Thanx bro. Played around a little bit with a broken toothpick and a bottle of cheap vodka and it's charging for now. Maybe he just needed a shot

Hahaha... There are very few problems a quick drink can't fix

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes