Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,799 Members 48,885 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AC charging issues, USB charging works. Help?

Tip us?

bahkata
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
Storage AC charging issues, USB charging works. Help?

Hi guys,

Google's got nothing on the subject, so I'm betting on xda's infinite wisdom.

Few days ago AC charging started to . . flicker ( charging -> not charging -> charging. . etc.) No water damage, no drastic firmware changes ( updated to monxdified 6.2 after the flickering had begun - no dice ), tried various chargers and cables ( which work fine on an Xperia Z ) with the same result. Moving the cable around does not seem to affect the issue so I don't think it's a connection problem.

When I plug the same USB cables I use in a laptop's USB - all good. Charging speed, transfer speeds unaffected.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Let me know if u need more info.

Thanks in advance
Smile. It matters.

Z1. monXDIFIED.

301stSpartan
Old
Thanks Meter 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahkata View Post
Hi guys,

Google's got nothing on the subject, so I'm betting on xda's infinite wisdom.

Few days ago AC charging started to . . flicker ( charging -> not charging -> charging. . etc.) No water damage, no drastic firmware changes ( updated to monxdified 6.2 after the flickering had begun - no dice ), tried various chargers and cables ( which work fine on an Xperia Z ) with the same result. Moving the cable around does not seem to affect the issue so I don't think it's a connection problem.

When I plug the same USB cables I use in a laptop's USB - all good. Charging speed, transfer speeds unaffected.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Let me know if u need more info.

Thanks in advance
I had a similar issue of switching between charging and not charging. Was regardless of moving the cable around and happened even the phone and cord were sitting untouched. Don't remember if ac vs usb made any difference, but it continually got worse until I had to take it in under warranty. They just cleaned out the usb port and all was good again.

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Sony Xperia Z1 C6902
Samsung Galaxy S II i9100G
Motorola Atrix 4G MB860 - RIP (bricked)
Motorola Droid A855 - RIP (drunkenly dropped in puddle)
The Following User Says Thank You to 301stSpartan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bahkata
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 301stSpartan View Post
I had a similar issue of switching between charging and not charging. Was regardless of moving the cable around and happened even the phone and cord were sitting untouched. Don't remember if ac vs usb made any difference, but it continually got worse until I had to take it in under warranty. They just cleaned out the usb port and all was good again.

Thanx bro. Played around a little bit with a broken toothpick and a bottle of cheap vodka and it's charging for now. Maybe he just needed a shot
Smile. It matters.

Z1. monXDIFIED.
The Following User Says Thank You to bahkata For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

301stSpartan
Old
Thanks Meter 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahkata View Post
Thanx bro. Played around a little bit with a broken toothpick and a bottle of cheap vodka and it's charging for now. Maybe he just needed a shot
Hahaha... There are very few problems a quick drink can't fix

Sony Xperia Z1 C6902
Samsung Galaxy S II i9100G
Motorola Atrix 4G MB860 - RIP (bricked)
Motorola Droid A855 - RIP (drunkenly dropped in puddle)