Purple Haze ad low light conditions

OP voltigeur

5th May 2014, 03:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Borger
Thanks Meter: 75

206 posts
More
For all how have the purple haze ad low light problem it is a Camera sensor problem and HTC wil replace it! It is a problem for the old camara sensor! A carepaoint can fix this whit in a hour!
7th May 2014, 02:42 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
I read lots of stories of people sending their phone in to HTC. In the beginning all was finde but then the problem returned. Are you sure the problem is fixed?
7th May 2014, 03:57 PM   |  #3  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 115

311 posts
More
Sorry, but this information can be found all over the "HTC One camera purple tint possible fix" thread and the rest of the internet (http://www.anandtech.com/show/7893/t...ne-m8-review/3 "Due to quality control problems with the ST sensor the M8, like later models of the M7, uses the OmniVision sensor exclusively"). The problem is the ST sensors. The newer OmniVision sensors don't seem to have the problem, and that's what they'll install if you send it in for repair.

And as far as my own research shows, the problem does not come back with the newer sensor... haven't seen any consistent claims that show that the new sensor ever has the problems. That HTC uses that same OmniVision sensor in the M8 suggests to me that they haven't had any complaints about it, either.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mathman85 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread