Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] 4 hours screen time on my D802 with 50 percent brightness

OP Enricochewei

7th May 2014, 01:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Hello1 my G2 D802 only lasts for 9-12 hours with 4 hours screen time (sometimes less). I set my screen at 50 percent brightness, so after reading several reviews it seems like my phone is having terrible battery life. I noticed that after i updated to 4.4.2 kit kat the battery life became shorter. Any solutions?
7th May 2014, 01:31 PM   |  #2  
chaki-'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Banana Paradise
Thanks Meter: 85
 
662 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enricochewei

Hello1 my G2 D802 only lasts for 9-12 hours with 4 hours screen time (sometimes less). I set my screen at 50 percent brightness, so after reading several reviews it seems like my phone is having terrible battery life. I noticed that after i updated to 4.4.2 kit kat the battery life became shorter. Any solutions?

First of all question's must be in the right forum.

And i get almost 6 hr 30 min with the same brightness. So it is not so bad.
7th May 2014, 02:19 PM   |  #3  
AnteusFogg's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jersey City
Thanks Meter: 168
 
327 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
More
Did you check what was eating your battery with either the included stats or with a battery app?

If I helped you, please thank me
7th May 2014, 02:21 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaki-

First of all question's must be in the right forum.

And i get almost 6 hr 30 min with the same brightness. So it is not so bad.

wait its not the correct forum? oh man thanks dude my bad
7th May 2014, 02:56 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnteusFogg

Did you check what was eating your battery with either the included stats or with a battery app?

If I helped you, please thank me

Wow dude u helped me thanks a lot! it seems like the android UId drained 39.1 % of my battery. does anyone knows how to fix this?
7th May 2014, 03:03 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
from 100-90 in 39 min? with 60 brightness? hey guys is this number normal for g2?
7th May 2014, 03:39 PM   |  #7  
chaki-'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Banana Paradise
Thanks Meter: 85
 
662 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enricochewei

from 100-90 in 39 min? with 60 brightness? hey guys is this number normal for g2?

If you are playing graphic intensive game then it is kinda ok.

Is your Sync on? Sometimes it eats battery as hell. Or Location always turned on. Did you hard reset after the update? If everything is fine with that i have wrote then try some monitoring app to see what is eating up your battery
Last edited by chaki-; 7th May 2014 at 03:58 PM.
7th May 2014, 04:03 PM   |  #8  
AnteusFogg's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jersey City
Thanks Meter: 168
 
327 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enricochewei

Wow dude u helped me thanks a lot! it seems like the android UId drained 39.1 % of my battery. does anyone knows how to fix this?

Stock rom and kernel?

Rooted / not rooted?

If I helped you, please thank me

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes