Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Edit build.prop to enable Auto Awesome Video Editor in Google Photos?

OP cyburke

7th May 2014, 05:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 51

552 posts
More
Hello fellow G2 lovers.

I previously had the HTC One (great phone!) and loved using the Auto Awesome Video Editor / Creator within the Google Photos app. It's pretty great.

Imagine my surprise when I got the G2, which I love, and found out that the Google Photos app won't let you use the video editing features except for a few select devices. Nexus 4 and 5, One, etc.

Can I edit the device ID within my build.prop to trick this app into thinking I have a Nexus 5 (for example) and use the video editing features?

Has anyone else done this?

Thanks!
7th May 2014, 04:03 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,513

2,540 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyburke

Hello fellow G2 lovers.

I previously had the HTC One (great phone!) and loved using the Auto Awesome Video Editor / Creator within the Google Photos app. It's pretty great.

Imagine my surprise when I got the G2, which I love, and found out that the Google Photos app won't let you use the video editing features except for a few select devices. Nexus 4 and 5, One, etc.

Can I edit the device ID within my build.prop to trick this app into thinking I have a Nexus 5 (for example) and use the video editing features?

Has anyone else done this?

Thanks!

well some people have done this before and it has worked but if something were to happen afterword like a soft brick that can only be restored via download mode it may state that your phone is a nexus 5 and you won't be able to restore so in other words you can do so at your own risk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread