Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,347 Members 51,886 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Edit build.prop to enable Auto Awesome Video Editor in Google Photos?

Tip us?

cyburke
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Default Edit build.prop to enable Auto Awesome Video Editor in Google Photos?

Hello fellow G2 lovers.

I previously had the HTC One (great phone!) and loved using the Auto Awesome Video Editor / Creator within the Google Photos app. It's pretty great.

Imagine my surprise when I got the G2, which I love, and found out that the Google Photos app won't let you use the video editing features except for a few select devices. Nexus 4 and 5, One, etc.

Can I edit the device ID within my build.prop to trick this app into thinking I have a Nexus 5 (for example) and use the video editing features?

Has anyone else done this?

Thanks!

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1158
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyburke View Post
Hello fellow G2 lovers.

I previously had the HTC One (great phone!) and loved using the Auto Awesome Video Editor / Creator within the Google Photos app. It's pretty great.

Imagine my surprise when I got the G2, which I love, and found out that the Google Photos app won't let you use the video editing features except for a few select devices. Nexus 4 and 5, One, etc.

Can I edit the device ID within my build.prop to trick this app into thinking I have a Nexus 5 (for example) and use the video editing features?

Has anyone else done this?

Thanks!
well some people have done this before and it has worked but if something were to happen afterword like a soft brick that can only be restored via download mode it may state that your phone is a nexus 5 and you won't be able to restore so in other words you can do so at your own risk