Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,266 Members 47,902 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Going back to Stock

Tip us?

shadowwolfy
Old
(Last edited by shadowwolfy; 4th May 2014 at 04:22 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Going back to Stock

Hi all,

I am trying to revert my S3 currently on 4.1.2 with baseband I535VRBLK3 back to locked/unrooted stock. The guides I am finding either have broken links or are outdated. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!

i should mention: the stock roms that I have found so far have failed when I try using odin to flash them

SlimSnoopOS
Old
Thanks Meter 1912
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwolfy View Post
Hi all,

I am trying to revert my S3 currently on 4.1.2 with baseband I535VRBLK3 back to locked/unrooted stock. The guides I am finding either have broken links or are outdated. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!

i should mention: the stock roms that I have found so far have failed when I try using odin to flash them
TW 4.1.2 VRBMF1 (can be unlocked and rooted subsequently): http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23134718111254196

TW 4.3 VRUCML1 or VRUCNC1 (can only be rooted, no bootloader unlock is available): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2589314

Unzip then use Odin to flash.
[VZW] Samsung Galaxy SIII
[last device]
Droid Incroyable
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SlimSnoopOS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shadowwolfy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimSnoopOS View Post
TW 4.1.2 VRBMF1 (can be unlocked and rooted subsequently): http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23134718111254196

TW 4.3 VRUCML1 or VRUCNC1 (can only be rooted, no bootloader unlock is available): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2589314

Unzip then use Odin to flash.
i can send the phone back to verizon with either of these flashed? Thanks!

SlimSnoopOS
Old
Thanks Meter 1912
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwolfy View Post
i can send the phone back to verizon with either of these flashed? Thanks!
Yes, all three files will format the phone's internal storage and return you to fresh, out of the box factory setup. It will be as if the phone is being activated for the first time.
[VZW] Samsung Galaxy SIII
[last device]
Droid Incroyable
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SlimSnoopOS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

asm_
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This may be dumb question, but if I have VRUCNC1 now, could I flash VRBMF1 to allow me to root the phone? My final goal is to be able to use Clock Work Recovery and custom ROM.

Thanks

landshark68
Old
Thanks Meter 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by asm_ View Post
This may be dumb question, but if I have VRUCNC1 now, could I flash VRBMF1 to allow me to root the phone? My final goal is to be able to use Clock Work Recovery and custom ROM.

Thanks
No you cannot flash back to VRBMF1 and root. You can ODIN flash back to VRUCML1 and root, but you will still not be able to use clock work recovery. Saferoot and safestrap recovery will be your only options.

Sent from the Shark Tank using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Shouldn't we treat this world like the garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus.......sometimes the circus comes to you