Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,463 Members 40,448 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CM11 No SD Card error when downloading files

Tip us?

cnmsales
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default CM11 No SD Card error when downloading files

Hey all, first want to say that CM11 is superb. With that I am having one issue. I am on a Verizon Note 2. Installed Nightly 050414 last night. When going to a site on chrome and trying to download a file I receive a pop up error from the system NO SD CARD. A little back ground. Before this I had Jelly Bean ROM installed. I had also done the SD card swap internal for external.

Last night before installing CM I did a full reset and wipe including DALVIK. Install went through fine. I can install apps from the play store. Also tried downloading a few files from dropbox in browser and get same error message. When going into file manager I have SD card = /storage/sdcard1 and internal storage = /storage/emulated/0. Had never seen the term emulated when referring to storage in android so thats throwing me off as well. If anyone could help me figure out exactly what's going on and what to do to fix it I would be eternally grateful. If any other info is needed please let me know and I will grab it for you. Cheers all!

lacoursiere18
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 4,005

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnmsales View Post
Hey all, first want to say that CM11 is superb. With that I am having one issue. I am on a Verizon Note 2. Installed Nightly 050414 last night. When going to a site on chrome and trying to download a file I receive a pop up error from the system NO SD CARD. A little back ground. Before this I had Jelly Bean ROM installed. I had also done the SD card swap internal for external.

Last night before installing CM I did a full reset and wipe including DALVIK. Install went through fine. I can install apps from the play store. Also tried downloading a few files from dropbox in browser and get same error message. When going into file manager I have SD card = /storage/sdcard1 and internal storage = /storage/emulated/0. Had never seen the term emulated when referring to storage in android so thats throwing me off as well. If anyone could help me figure out exactly what's going on and what to do to fix it I would be eternally grateful. If any other info is needed please let me know and I will grab it for you. Cheers all!
I would recommend reflashing..But do a FULL wipe.. factory reset and wiping dalvik is not a complete wipe.. If you can in a file manager transfer CM11 to you external sd card. Then once thats accomplished go into recovery, wipe internal, data, system, cache and dalvik and a factory reset(that is a complete wipe)
Then reflash. That should fix your issues

Hit "Thanks" if I helped you

cnmsales
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
I originally did a full reset and dalvik wipe? Am I missing something here? The reason i'm asking is I don't see anything different than what I did. What didn't I do the first time specifically?

lacoursiere18
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 4,005

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnmsales View Post
I originally did a full reset and dalvik wipe? Am I missing something here? The reason i'm asking is I don't see anything different than what I did. What didn't I do the first time specifically?
Internal sdcard..

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app

Hit "Thanks" if I helped you