Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,373 Members 47,583 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CM11 OTA update

Tip us?

RockD
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default CM11 OTA update

Hello, I have a little question here about the OTA update of CM11, there's no problem updating the system this way? Is it safe? I have TWPR in my kindle so I've asking myself if I have to download the ROM and flash it again with the recovery instead.

Thanks in advance for any reply.

Enviado desde mi Amazon Tate mediante Tapatalk

stunts513
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 605

DONATE TO ME
If your not on a cm 11 release and are on a cm 10.2 or cm 10.1 ROM I would not recommend updating via ota, in believe you would need to factory reset and install a new gapps after flashing the rom if you are upgrading. If you are on a cm 11 build already then go for it, its kind of an interesting process because you get to see twrp do something we Don,t usually see it do(or at least I hadn't ever seen it do this before so it was kinda cool).

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk
My Wallpaper Fix for KF2, KFHD 7", and KFHD 8.9" is HERE
Please Read the instructions and use the debugger if you run into errors.
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE
Tablet UI Patch for latest CM10.1 build HERE!

Please send complaints to /dev/null
The Following User Says Thank You to stunts513 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RockD
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513 View Post
If your not on a cm 11 release and are on a cm 10.2 or cm 10.1 ROM I would not recommend updating via ota, in believe you would need to factory reset and install a new gapps after flashing the rom if you are upgrading. If you are on a cm 11 build already then go for it, its kind of an interesting process because you get to see twrp do something we Don,t usually see it do(or at least I hadn't ever seen it do this before so it was kinda cool).

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk
srunts513 thanks for the reply, effectively I have CM11, so I'm gonna update the device with the OTA.

Thanks a lot

Enviado desde mi Amazon Tate mediante Tapatalk