Ask a question

No registration required

Watchface - Wrong time shown for 0.5 second

OP jonstatt

6th May 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 100

663 posts
Has anyone else noticed that when you shake your wrist to wake-up the watch, or press the button, that if you have an analogue clock face, it shows the wrong time for about 0.5 a second then it quickly jumps to the right time? That is lame coding by Samsung. I know its a small issue but somehow it really affects the perception of the device!
6th May 2014, 08:28 PM   |  #2  
League City, TX
Thanks Meter: 35

148 posts
I'm sure this is done to save some battery life. Only allow the watchface webpage to update if it's active.

I'm curious if it's something that could be coded against. Essentially, capture the wake event, present a black screen for one second after waking, and then update to show the correct time initially.

Not the best solution, but could be a workaround.
7th May 2014, 10:56 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 100

663 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDanInTX

I'm sure this is done to save some battery life. Only allow the watchface webpage to update if it's active.

I'm curious if it's something that could be coded against. Essentially, capture the wake event, present a black screen for one second after waking, and then update to show the correct time initially.

Not the best solution, but could be a workaround.

Yes, the refresh order is wrong. There is no point to switch on the display so quickly if the clock content has not been refreshed yet. The "screen on" event needs to be delayed half a second from the wake event.
7th May 2014, 05:11 PM   |  #4  
Flag 28.2S, 92.1W
Thanks Meter: 13,817

8,467 posts
More
Time for a reset in here. Members are reminded that respect is a mandatory requirement when posting.
The Following User Says Thank You to Naddict For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread