Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,037 Members 52,425 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Watchface - Wrong time shown for 0.5 second

Tip us?

jonstatt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 90
Default Watchface - Wrong time shown for 0.5 second

Has anyone else noticed that when you shake your wrist to wake-up the watch, or press the button, that if you have an analogue clock face, it shows the wrong time for about 0.5 a second then it quickly jumps to the right time? That is lame coding by Samsung. I know its a small issue but somehow it really affects the perception of the device!

BigDanInTX
Old
Thanks Meter 34
I'm sure this is done to save some battery life. Only allow the watchface webpage to update if it's active.

I'm curious if it's something that could be coded against. Essentially, capture the wake event, present a black screen for one second after waking, and then update to show the correct time initially.

Not the best solution, but could be a workaround.
Samsung Galaxy SIII | Samsung Gear 2 Neo | Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

jonstatt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDanInTX View Post
I'm sure this is done to save some battery life. Only allow the watchface webpage to update if it's active.

I'm curious if it's something that could be coded against. Essentially, capture the wake event, present a black screen for one second after waking, and then update to show the correct time initially.

Not the best solution, but could be a workaround.
Yes, the refresh order is wrong. There is no point to switch on the display so quickly if the clock content has not been refreshed yet. The "screen on" event needs to be delayed half a second from the wake event.

Naddict
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 13796
Time for a reset in here. Members are reminded that respect is a mandatory requirement when posting.
Every time you don't use search, a kitten, bunny, baby turtle, and fuzzy Harp Seal are killed.

Read the Rules! -- Search Before You Post! -- Learn about XDA -- Need A Moderators Help? -- Get the Most out of XDA! -- Curious about GPL?
The Following User Says Thank You to Naddict For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]