Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Re-flashed my S3 back to stock to sell it; how to test it?

OP Dougmeister

6th May 2014, 06:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

119 posts
Had some problems with data on my S3 and couldn't fix it, so I got an S4 as a replacement.

I want to sell the S3 now but obviously want to make sure it is working correctly. I flashed a stock ROM via Odin, etc., so I think it would all be working again.

Can't I simply log into my Sprint account and put the "old" phone back on my account to see if voice, text, data, etc. are working? Then change it back without CSR intervention?
6th May 2014, 07:13 PM   |  #2  
Flag MPLS, MN
Thanks Meter: 26

92 posts
More
AFAIK, you need Sprint to activate the device, but you could always log in to test Wi-Fi at the very least.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to HenBoward For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th May 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

119 posts
Thanks.

Anyone else? I'd really like to be able to validate that the modifications I made actually worked.

See thread here for details.

I basically used Odin to flash [FULL RESTORE][TAR] Stock ND8 Odin FLASHABLE [4.4.2] (non-rooted) from this thread..

I need to test: incoming/outgoing calls, text messaging, data, and probably MMS.

Would a Sprint store be able to test it for me?
7th May 2014, 03:53 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 268

944 posts
More
Call sprint and swap ur # to this phone test out for an hour or 2 to make sure its all good then call them back and do the same to the new phone

SGNote2
7th May 2014, 05:14 PM   |  #5  
Flag Redlands, Ca.
Thanks Meter: 81

74 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougmeister

Had some problems with data on my S3 and couldn't fix it, so I got an S4 as a replacement.

I want to sell the S3 now but obviously want to make sure it is working correctly. I flashed a stock ROM via Odin, etc., so I think it would all be working again.

Can't I simply log into my Sprint account and put the "old" phone back on my account to see if voice, text, data, etc. are working? Then change it back without CSR intervention?

You can absolutely switch phones from the sprint web site. My GS3 got wet a few weeks ago and I got a replacement GS3 on ebay. During that time I activated my 4 year old LG optimus on the sprint web site. Then I activated the replacement GS3 when I received it. Then I had to swap out that replacement (defective) and switched back to my old LG Optimus. Then when I finally received the replacement, (for the original defective replacement), I activated that on the website with no problem. I did have some kind of glitch one time when going back to my old phone. It got no data at all but I took it to a sprint store and they got it figured out after a little while.
So yes, go ahead and swap phones back and forth on the sprint site with no worries.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread