Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner American phone manufacturer … more

Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

How take Official OTA Update for Rooted & Custom TWRP recovery installed G2

OP nikilsahil

7th May 2014, 01:02 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Kollam
Thanks Meter: 3

21 posts
More
I have a new Official OTA Update (V20b-APR-23-2014) 22.01mb pack for G2. So please help me how can install this update.
My G2 is rooted with custom TWRP recovery installed. When i tried to install it got stuck in recovery.

How to got to stock recovery. Right now i am on KK, 4.4.2, with downgraded 3.4.0kernal.
7th May 2014, 02:09 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4

79 posts
i am also on 4.4.2 stock rom rooted. D802 International 32Gb

i got an update today v20b-apr-25-2014, 40.09 MB. It throws me an error on installing. And says Rooted phones does not support official updates. What to do?
7th May 2014, 02:27 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,489

2,538 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikilsahil

I have a new Official OTA Update (V20b-APR-23-2014) 22.01mb pack for G2. So please help me how can install this update.
My G2 is rooted with custom TWRP recovery installed. When i tried to install it got stuck in recovery.

How to got to stock recovery. Right now i am on KK, 4.4.2, with downgraded 3.4.0kernal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akram.

i am also on 4.4.2 stock rom rooted. D802 International 32Gb

i got an update today v20b-apr-25-2014, 40.09 MB. It throws me an error on installing. And says Rooted phones does not support official updates. What to do?

the only way to update is to have an unmodified phone: no custom recovery(or else your phone will bootloop), no mods, no modded system apps, no xposed/modules but if you get the suspected of rooting the only way to ota is to go back to stock with the guide in the general section hoping the ota appears again
7th May 2014, 02:30 PM   |  #4  

79 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu

the only way to update is to have an unmodified phone: no custom recovery(or else your phone will bootloop), no mods, no modded system apps, no xposed/modules but if you get the suspected of rooting the only way to ota is to go back to stock with the guide in the general section hoping the ota appears again

I'm assuming will i have to wipe my whole phone?
7th May 2014, 02:42 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida

2,538 posts
More
Quote:

I'm assuming will i have to wipe my whole phone?

yes that is true so you can backup your apps with titanium and then after you get the update and root restore the apps/data
7th May 2014, 02:45 PM   |  #6  

79 posts
Quote:

yes that is true so you can backup your apps with titanium and then after you get the update and root restore the apps/data

What about Full unroot using SuperSU?
7th May 2014, 02:48 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida

2,538 posts
More
Quote:

What about Full unroot using SuperSU?

well that may/may not work, the moment you root it triggers a flag in the persist folder and I am not sure if just unrooting removes this flag
7th May 2014, 04:24 PM   |  #8  

79 posts
Quote:

well that may/may not work, the moment you root it triggers a flag in the persist folder and I am not sure if just unrooting removes this flag

What does this update do? If its knock code, i am not interested in. For immersive mode, i have alreday "App settings" Its not worth all the hassle.
7th May 2014, 04:34 PM   |  #9  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida

2,538 posts
More
Quote:

What does this update do? If its knock code, i am not interested in. For immersive mode, i have alreday "App settings" Its not worth all the hassle.

Well I don't know what it brings and if says app enhancements then it probably just updates some apps

Sent from my LG-D800 running stock kk, rooted with philz using XDA app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread