Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,281 Members 50,919 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] about firewater s-off and temp root

Tip us?

Galaxy_Guy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 138
Default [Q] about firewater s-off and temp root

well guys i search about it but didnt know what it is

im coming from samsung device and i dont know what does (firewater s-off ) means

so can you please tell what is it? and is it needed to make the htc one m8 rooted and flash roms?

and what is the temproot?

thanks in advance
Current device: Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F
Press Thanks if i helped you
Old device(sold): Samsung Galaxy Ace

http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic4653153_5.gif
The Following User Says Thank You to Galaxy_Guy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

EddyOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy_Guy View Post
well guys i search about it but didnt know what it is

im coming from samsung device and i dont know what does (firewater s-off ) means

so can you please tell what is it? and is it needed to make the htc one m8 rooted and flash roms?

and what is the temproot?

thanks in advance
If you don't know what S-OFF is, then you don't need it...all you need is to unlock the bootloader with HTCDev.com and then flash a custom recovery and then flash a custom ROM (or just root your existing one)

Also, read this...http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2711073
Google Nexus 5 D821 (Black) 32GB
ROM: Android 4.4.4 (KTU84P) | Bootloader: HHZ11K | Recovery: Stock | Radio: 2.0.50.1.16 | Kernel: Stock

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!! | [GUIDE] Return your EU M8 to 100% Stock (S-OFF Required) | [GUIDE] Return your OPO to 100% Stock
The Following User Says Thank You to EddyOS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Galaxy_Guy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyOS View Post
If you don't know what S-OFF is, then you don't need it...all you need is to unlock the bootloader with HTCDev.com and then flash a custom recovery and then flash a custom ROM (or just root your existing one)

no please i want to know about all the stuff below and i read this thread im not a noob dude
The Following User Says Thank You to Galaxy_Guy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Galaxy_Guy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyOS View Post

please answer me

EddyOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy_Guy View Post
please answer me
You said you're not a n00b mate, so I stopped looking...read the S-OFF guide in General on how to attempt to S-OFF your device but you don't need it if you just wanna flash a new ROM
ROM: Android 4.4.4 (KTU84P) | Bootloader: HHZ11K | Recovery: Stock | Radio: 2.0.50.1.16 | Kernel: Stock

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!! | [GUIDE] Return your EU M8 to 100% Stock (S-OFF Required) | [GUIDE] Return your OPO to 100% Stock
The Following User Says Thank You to EddyOS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Shebee
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Soff unlocks the whole system to be written or something.
Some mods require this.

You can try temproot before unlocking your device with htcdev.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

EddyOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shebee View Post
Only if you have a Verizon M8...never heard of it work on any other M8 to date

Mr Hofs
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 8,369

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shebee View Post
Soff unlocks the whole system to be written or something.
Some mods require this.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
Can you give an example which mods, when you unlock the bootloader and flash a custom recovery you can push superuser to gain root on your stock rom. Or install any rom you like including mods......they mostly just need root.

kfasheldon
Old
Thanks Meter 133
S off will allow you to change cid (carrier I'd) of phone, you can make it super cid which will allow you to flash a y firmware you like for any m8 varient.

You will also be able to flash the adsp hk update for hk sound to work fully on models that the normal mod won't work

It will also allow you to switch between GPE and sense so long as you have a ruu image for each

It will also allow you to totally brick your phone if you don't understand what your doing

Better stick to HTC dev unlock as Rom and kernals can be flashed no problem , if it's a sense device GPE, cyan, asop and sense roms should work fine

Only issue you might get is Verizon or other USA specific

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
.. HTC One M8
...HTC X
....HTC Desire

The Following User Says Thank You to kfasheldon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]