Ask a question

No registration required

I guess I give up

OP qzone23

6th May 2014, 12:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

64 posts
Well, I have have the zip file for CM10 on phone (download folder) and pc and explored it to find the boot.img file to extract to find out it is not there, not only that but I cannot seem to find a way via either my pc or file mgr apps (i.e. root file manager) to move both the cm10 zipfile and gapps zipfile to the root folder on my phone, so I am at my wits end and guess I am stuck with ICS which I really am not at all impressed with.

So basically I am beginning to believe that it is not really possible to do this
Last edited by qzone23; 6th May 2014 at 12:24 AM. Reason: didin't fininsh thread
6th May 2014, 06:56 AM   |  #2  
Paradise City
Thanks Meter: 81

330 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qzone23

Well, I have have the zip file for CM10 on phone (download folder) and pc and explored it to find the boot.img file to extract to find out it is not there, not only that but I cannot seem to find a way via either my pc or file mgr apps (i.e. root file manager) to move both the cm10 zipfile and gapps zipfile to the root folder on my phone, so I am at my wits end and guess I am stuck with ICS which I really am not at all impressed with.

So basically I am beginning to believe that it is not really possible to do this

There are some stock kernels with recovery in the development section. Find them and read the OP. Flash them and then flash the zip via recovery. The zip can be anywhere, doesnt have to be the root folder.

Sent from my LT26i using XDA Free mobile app
6th May 2014, 08:20 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

64 posts
Thanks so much for a little direction, found the recovery file that I need so that I can actually get into recovery mode. But, the one step I didn't see posted was do I unzip it on PC or phone before executing install.bat?

Sent from my LT28at using XDA Free mobile app
7th May 2014, 12:44 PM   |  #4  
Paradise City
Thanks Meter: 81

330 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qzone23

Thanks so much for a little direction, found the recovery file that I need so that I can actually get into recovery mode. But, the one step I didn't see posted was do I unzip it on PC or phone before executing install.bat?

Install.bat? Could you redirect me to the post you used to download the recovery?
7th May 2014, 06:15 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

64 posts
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2055043

I simply clicked on the link to install cwm

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread