Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Looking for an OmniROM 4.4.2 for Samsung Galaxy XCover 2 a.k.a. Skomer

OP Mosquito1

29th April 2014, 08:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
Like in Title.
I only found this (thanks to flxo) http://www.adriadata.net/xda/skomer/omni-4.3/
But i don't want any nightlies like this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2689519
because it's random rebooting and buggy.
I'm looking for ROM that supports ART (dalvik's slower).
7th May 2014, 09:13 AM   |  #2  
mhrsolanki2020's Avatar
Senior Member
Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 375
 
577 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Donate to Me
More
As far as I can judge.. Omnirom is far away from solving the problems of ART.. Because it has some WIP that is gonna take lil time to Finish...
If u feel dalvik is slower than just increase Ur swap and ram by partitioning Ur sd card and also overclock Ur device...

Sent from my GT-P3100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
7th May 2014, 06:45 PM   |  #3  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 24,858
 
13,545 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosquito1

Like in Title.
I only found this (thanks to flxo) http://www.adriadata.net/xda/skomer/omni-4.3/
But i don't want any nightlies like this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2689519
because it's random rebooting and buggy.
I'm looking for ROM that supports ART (dalvik's slower).

Basically, that thread is your only hope. Devices don't get supported without a maintainer, and if someone is doing unofficial builds for your device, that's the closest to a maintainer most devices have.

Becoming officially merged doesn't magically make it not buggy. In fact, it's the other way around - the maintainer must stabilize it before it can become official.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhrsolanki2020

As far as I can judge.. Omnirom is far away from solving the problems of ART.. Because it has some WIP that is gonna take lil time to Finish...
If u feel dalvik is slower than just increase Ur swap and ram by partitioning Ur sd card and also overclock Ur device...

Sent from my GT-P3100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ART is a WIP from Google. Also, in most real-world uses cases (e.g. not benchmark epeen) it isn't actually that much of a performance benefit.
7th May 2014, 06:53 PM   |  #4  
mhrsolanki2020's Avatar
Senior Member
Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 375
 
577 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512

Basically, that thread is your only hope. Devices don't get supported without a maintainer, and if someone is doing unofficial builds for your device, that's the closest to a maintainer most devices have.

Becoming officially merged doesn't magically make it not buggy. In fact, it's the other way around - the maintainer must stabilize it before it can become official.


ART is a WIP from Google. Also, in most real-world uses cases (e.g. not benchmark epeen) it isn't actually that much of a performance benefit.

But still, we are reaching for more and more ram and memory for mobile phones..
The lib of ART wud be better to utilise that amount of ram. (2 to 3 years down the line)


Sent from my GT-P3100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes