Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,816 Members 39,203 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Error status 7 (CM 11)

Tip us?

Mavrinac
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Error status 7 (CM 11)

Hello!
I recently rooted my WFS and installed CM 10.1.
Today, I downloaded CM11, tried to install it, but installation aborts with error status 7.
I bough my WFS in Croatia, already successfully installed few roms so I am a little bit confused. Am I missing something here?

csoulr666
Old
Thanks Meter 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrinac View Post
Hello!
I recently rooted my WFS and installed CM 10.1.
Today, I downloaded CM11, tried to install it, but installation aborts with error status 7.
I bough my WFS in Croatia, already successfully installed few roms so I am a little bit confused. Am I missing something here?
Might be because of the recovery.....you will have to flash a newer recovery(TWRP 2.7.0.0 or CWM 6.0.4.8) to flash kitkat based roms
If thou art commit a sin,thy reaper will punish thee!!!

My Phone:HTC Wildfire S
Current Rom:OmniRom by Olivier
Username Pronounciation:"See-soul-are-triple-six"

You are not the only living person with a problem!!Search a bit before posting

Mavrinac
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by csoulr666 View Post
Might be because of the recovery.....you will have to flash a newer recovery(TWRP 2.7.0.0 or CWM 6.0.4.8) to flash kitkat based roms
Okay, my friend installed recovery for me, could you please write brief step by step dummy guide for me?
I mean, I'm not a noob, I just never did this on my own so if you could provide me with all the links it would be very cool of you. Thanks!

Kenny_cro
Old
(Last edited by Kenny_cro; 7th May 2014 at 05:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Okay, my friend installed recovery for me, could you please write brief step by step dummy guide for me?
I mean, I'm not a noob, I just never did this on my own so if you could provide me with all the links it would be very cool of you. Thanks!
ako sam dobro skužil iz hrvatske si pa budem na hrv napisal...uđeš u recovery,napraviš factory reset,instaliraš rom,instaliraš patch za kameru....restartaš i pričekaš da se sve učita,onda ugasi mob i ponovo uđi u recovery,ako imaš sd-ext odeš u mount/storage i formatiraj sd-ext,instaliraj gapps za cm11 i instaliraj int2ext scriptu(ovo samo ako koristiš sd-ext)

EDIT:

ako neznaš kak instalirat recovery,najlakše ti je da skineš http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2740145 i staviš ga na sdcarticu, i ako imaš instaliran terminal emulator samo koristi ovo:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=136
The Following User Says Thank You to Kenny_cro For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mavrinac
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_cro View Post
ako sam dobro skužil iz hrvatske si pa budem na hrv napisal...uđeš u recovery,napraviš factory reset,instaliraš rom,instaliraš patch za kameru....restartaš i pričekaš da se sve učita,onda ugasi mob i ponovo uđi u recovery,ako imaš sd-ext odeš u mount/storage i formatiraj sd-ext,instaliraj gapps za cm11 i instaliraj int2ext scriptu(ovo samo ako koristiš sd-ext)

EDIT:

ako neznaš kak instalirat recovery,najlakše ti je da skineš http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2740145 i staviš ga na sdcarticu, i ako imaš instaliran terminal emulator samo koristi ovo:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=136
probat cu, hvala!

csoulr666
Old
Thanks Meter 389
Quote:
1. The recovery threads are on the first page of the development section. Download any one you want( between TWRP 2.7.0.0 and CWM 6.0.4.8). It will be an img file.
2. Put it on your sdcard(not inside any folder)
3. Download Terminal Emulator from the Play Store.
4. Open it and type "su", grant it superuser access
5. Now type the following command

Code:
Select Code
flash_image recovery /sdcard/nameofrecovery,img
"nameofrecovery" refers to the exact name the img file has
If thou art commit a sin,thy reaper will punish thee!!!

My Phone:HTC Wildfire S
Current Rom:OmniRom by Olivier
Username Pronounciation:"See-soul-are-triple-six"

You are not the only living person with a problem!!Search a bit before posting
The Following User Says Thank You to csoulr666 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mavrinac
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by csoulr666 View Post
1. The recovery threads are on the first page of the development section. Download any one you want( between TWRP 2.7.0.0 and CWM 6.0.4.8). It will be an img file.
2. Put it on your sdcard(not inside any folder)
3. Download Terminal Emulator from the Play Store.
4. Open it and type "su", grant it superuser access
5. Now type the following command

Code:
Select Code
flash_image recovery /sdcard/nameofrecovery,img
"nameofrecovery" refers to the exact name the img file has
Big thanks to kenny_cro and see soul are triple six!
I'm happy to see confused people like me can rely on people like you! Big thanks!