Rooting my SGS4
I come from the HTC One forum and I've sold since I've had camera issues numberous of times.
I decided to switch to an SGS 4, currently on 4.4.2. I have the i9505xxufnb9 variant.
I have a question regarding root.
1. I do not have knox installed yet, should I install it or leave it as it be when using CF-auto root? I'm currently on 4.4.2.
2. Is CF auto root compatible with my variant?
3. What version of Odin should I be running? I guess this is the most important. I don't want a sketchy Odin.exe that comes pre-set up. It might have some setting on that erases something that is crucial for my device.
4. Is there some sort of bootloader unlock I need to do first? My device is unbranded GT9505 version with the above written variant.
5. How likely am I to brick my device? I mean I come from the HTC one forum which was fairly easy. Setup fastboot and unlocking the bootloader did the job.
6. I came to understand it WILL trigger knox, does it mean voided warranty here in the Netherlands?
7. I understand that SuperSU has an option to unroot at any given time. When I want to return to stock for say warranty purposes, Can I download triangleaway, run it, and then unroot using SU app?
Thank you so much for your time!!