Rooting my SGS4

7th May 2014, 03:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 103

806 posts
Dear XDA,

I come from the HTC One forum and I've sold since I've had camera issues numberous of times.
I decided to switch to an SGS 4, currently on 4.4.2. I have the i9505xxufnb9 variant.

I have a question regarding root.

1. I do not have knox installed yet, should I install it or leave it as it be when using CF-auto root? I'm currently on 4.4.2.
2. Is CF auto root compatible with my variant?
3. What version of Odin should I be running? I guess this is the most important. I don't want a sketchy Odin.exe that comes pre-set up. It might have some setting on that erases something that is crucial for my device.

4. Is there some sort of bootloader unlock I need to do first? My device is unbranded GT9505 version with the above written variant.
5. How likely am I to brick my device? I mean I come from the HTC one forum which was fairly easy. Setup fastboot and unlocking the bootloader did the job.

6. I came to understand it WILL trigger knox, does it mean voided warranty here in the Netherlands?
7. I understand that SuperSU has an option to unroot at any given time. When I want to return to stock for say warranty purposes, Can I download triangleaway, run it, and then unroot using SU app?

Thank you so much for your time!!
7th May 2014, 05:42 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

806 posts
No one?
7th May 2014, 05:57 PM   |  #3  
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 70

483 posts
Donate to Me
More
Cf autoroot comes with correct odin, if you do not have Knox don't install it, (you automatically get it if you took an ota). And no bootloader unlock is needed almost all Samsung devices come with an unlocked bootloader, and the only way you'll brick your device is if you flash something not meant for your phone or if you have knox and try downgrading your firmware...
And if you do have knox, rooting will permanently flag your device as modified with no way of going back. If you don't have knox you can use triangle away to reset the flash counter.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
7th May 2014, 07:00 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

806 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aryehzev

Cf autoroot comes with correct odin, if you do not have Knox don't install it, (you automatically get it if you took an ota). And no bootloader unlock is needed almost all Samsung devices come with an unlocked bootloader, and the only way you'll brick your device is if you flash something not meant for your phone or if you have knox and try downgrading your firmware...
And if you do have knox, rooting will permanently flag your device as modified with no way of going back. If you don't have knox you can use triangle away to reset the flash counter.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I'll make sure to give you your thanks tomorrow . I also got alot of help from the ask everything thread, thank you!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread