Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,629 Members 54,283 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Returning VS980, need to know how to properly reset to stock and what to do with new

Tip us?

lattiboy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Default Returning VS980, need to know how to properly reset to stock and what to do with new

My screen is being buggy, so Verizon is going to send me a replacement. Two questions:

1) How to I return to stock? I'm on XDABBEB's VS98024A v1.1.1 and want to flash stock. How do I do this?

2) When I get the new phone, it'll probably be 24A already. Is there an exploit yet for unlocking?

thanks!

boydscout
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Have you looked at this?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476

I believe ioroot27 will get you root on 24a, but I haven't tried. I too am on xdabbeb's 1.1.1 and fortunately haven't encountered the need to change.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to boydscout For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by lattiboy View Post
My screen is being buggy, so Verizon is going to send me a replacement. Two questions:

1) How to I return to stock? I'm on XDABBEB's VS98024A v1.1.1 and want to flash stock. How do I do this?

2) When I get the new phone, it'll probably be 24A already. Is there an exploit yet for unlocking?

thanks!
It's like boydscout said you can use the back to stock guide to return your phone to stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by boydscout View Post
Have you looked at this?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476

I believe ioroot27 will get you root on 24a, but I haven't tried. I too am on xdabbeb's 1.1.1 and fortunately haven't encountered the need to change.

Yes ioroot25 should work on for him if new phone comes with kk and for recovery AutoRec is the easiest way

I saw you posted 27 and I was like what there's a new ioroot got to go see what's new then realised it was a typo lol

Sent from my LG-D800 running stock kk, rooted with philz using XDA app

boydscout
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu View Post
It's like boydscout said you can use the back to stock guide to return your phone to stock

Yes ioroot25 should work on for him if new phone comes with kk and for recovery AutoRec is the easiest way

I saw you posted 27 and I was like what there's a new ioroot got to go see what's new then realised it was a typo lol

Whoops, typing with a newborn in one arm (do I need a life?). Made you look 😛

markrulesallnow
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I used the TOT method to get my VS980 back to stock. Worked like a charm. Unrooted and everything.

lattiboy
Old
(Last edited by lattiboy; 8th May 2014 at 05:43 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu View Post

I'm having the damndest time getting the drivers to install on my Win 7 pro box. Never had this issue before, but when I hit download mode, even if I point device manager directly at the driver files, it won't install. Ugh.

I'm using the TOT method which I've used previously.

Any tips guys?

UPDATE: Weirdly, worked on my Win 8.1 machine at home after failing on my Win 7 box at work. Either way, resolved! TOT worked great! Thanks XDA!
Tags
vs980 verizon