Post Reply

Returning VS980, need to know how to properly reset to stock and what to do with new

OP lattiboy

5th May 2014, 08:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
156 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
My screen is being buggy, so Verizon is going to send me a replacement. Two questions:

1) How to I return to stock? I'm on XDABBEB's VS98024A v1.1.1 and want to flash stock. How do I do this?

2) When I get the new phone, it'll probably be 24A already. Is there an exploit yet for unlocking?


thanks!
7th May 2014, 03:25 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Flag Mansfield
Thanks Meter: 4
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Donate to Me
More
Have you looked at this?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476

I believe ioroot27 will get you root on 24a, but I haven't tried. I too am on xdabbeb's 1.1.1 and fortunately haven't encountered the need to change.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to boydscout For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th May 2014, 03:41 AM   |  #3  
XxZombiePikachu's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,489
 
2,538 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lattiboy

My screen is being buggy, so Verizon is going to send me a replacement. Two questions:

1) How to I return to stock? I'm on XDABBEB's VS98024A v1.1.1 and want to flash stock. How do I do this?

2) When I get the new phone, it'll probably be 24A already. Is there an exploit yet for unlocking?


thanks!

It's like boydscout said you can use the back to stock guide to return your phone to stock


Quote:
Originally Posted by boydscout

Have you looked at this?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476

I believe ioroot27 will get you root on 24a, but I haven't tried. I too am on xdabbeb's 1.1.1 and fortunately haven't encountered the need to change.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Yes ioroot25 should work on for him if new phone comes with kk and for recovery AutoRec is the easiest way

I saw you posted 27 and I was like what there's a new ioroot got to go see what's new then realised it was a typo lol

Sent from my LG-D800 running stock kk, rooted with philz using XDA app
7th May 2014, 03:47 AM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Flag Mansfield
Thanks Meter: 4
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu

It's like boydscout said you can use the back to stock guide to return your phone to stock




Yes ioroot25 should work on for him if new phone comes with kk and for recovery AutoRec is the easiest way

I saw you posted 27 and I was like what there's a new ioroot got to go see what's new then realised it was a typo lol

Sent from my LG-D800 running stock kk, rooted with philz using XDA app

Whoops, typing with a newborn in one arm (do I need a life?). Made you look 😛

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
7th May 2014, 06:39 AM   |  #5  
markrulesallnow's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
121 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
I used the TOT method to get my VS980 back to stock. Worked like a charm. Unrooted and everything.
7th May 2014, 08:34 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
156 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu

It's like boydscout said you can use the back to stock guide to return your phone to stock




Yes ioroot25 should work on for him if new phone comes with kk and for recovery AutoRec is the easiest way

I saw you posted 27 and I was like what there's a new ioroot got to go see what's new then realised it was a typo lol

Sent from my LG-D800 running stock kk, rooted with philz using XDA app

I'm having the damndest time getting the drivers to install on my Win 7 pro box. Never had this issue before, but when I hit download mode, even if I point device manager directly at the driver files, it won't install. Ugh.

I'm using the TOT method which I've used previously.

Any tips guys?

UPDATE: Weirdly, worked on my Win 8.1 machine at home after failing on my Win 7 box at work. Either way, resolved! TOT worked great! Thanks XDA!
Last edited by lattiboy; 8th May 2014 at 05:43 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
vs980 verizon
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in G2 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank