Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,105 Members 52,071 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Anyone know when the 32Gig units will arrive?

Tip us?

Sneakytiki
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakytiki View Post
I apologize if this seems like a noob question, so we can't move apps to the SD card?

I haven't really checked but all the games and apps I've downloaded I thought I was moving to the SD card to save space. They say they're on the SD card. I was just wondering if there were any shenanigans going on. It's my old sd card from my other phone until I upgrade to a faster one.

I really had no idea you couldn't do that anymore. Makes me want root even more now.
Nevermind, it just creates new folders with nothing in them. Only thing sd card is good for is pictures, roms, and music. I didn't even notice at first.....

rushless
Old
Thanks Meter 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodaserves View Post
In all likelihood you would be able to add a UHS1 (if speed is a concern) 32GB micro SD for less than paying the extra for a 32GB unit.

How does the that help with apps? People that want the 32gb have more apps than will fit on the 10gb free on the 16gb model. With root looking dubious or at least a real pain to achieve, the only stable solution for apps and Kitkat is to be installed in the internal storage.

If you do not have many apps, no harm no foul and enjoy the model with about 15gb less app storage. Some will not since have more than 10gb of apps that fit on the 16gb model.

rushless
Old
(Last edited by rushless; 7th May 2014 at 09:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 271
Still not a peep from Verizon corporate reps, but last year we knew already by this time in the launch window. Perhaps not happening, but based on the lack of interest here, perhaps no harm no foul for folks here.