Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,443 Members 50,388 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Broken Xperia Play

Tip us?

mhnx
Old
(Last edited by mhnx; 29th April 2014 at 07:57 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44

DONATE TO ME
Default Broken Xperia Play

Hello, one month ago my Xperia Play dropped down on floor and my digitizer broke, I didn't have problems with the touch. I was planning to replace the screen but after a reboot my screen gone wild.

I press the power button to power-on the device and after some seconds I get this screen. In 1~ minute the screen goes off and if I press the wake button this image comes back up, something like it booted and it asks the pin. That means my phone is working and the lcd is dead?
Thanks in advance.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1398789438743.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	2715883

Sent from my Evo3D

Bakisha
Old
Thanks Meter 466
It show colors, so i don't think it's broken lcd. It could be damaged lcd flex cable or slider flex cable. Try to open/close slider multiple times and see are there any changes on the screen.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bakisha For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mhnx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakisha View Post
It show colors, so i don't think it's broken lcd. It could be damaged lcd flex cable or slider flex cable. Try to open/close slider multiple times and see are there any changes on the screen.
I will test tomorrow night when I get home. Thanks for the suggestion.

Sent from my Evo3D

rexodor
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakisha View Post
In my case it worked, I changed "slider flex cable" and all OK.
But the touch screen does not work well in the last imaginary division of the screen below and on the left side.
Thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to rexodor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mhnx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44

DONATE TO ME
It works, the screen will be replaced in this week. I have to change the flex cable too? Thanks for your help.

Sent from my Evo 3D

CriGiu
Old
Thanks Meter 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhnx View Post
It works, the screen will be replaced in this week. I have to change the flex cable too? Thanks for your help.

Sent from my Evo 3D
That "fuzzy screen" as they call it is surely caused by the flex cable (I mean the one which connects lcd and other things with MoBo), as it happened to me something like 2 months ago, and I had to replace that cable for the second time.
So you'd better change it, because even if you buy a new screen you won't be able to use it

Inviato dal mio R800i con Tapatalk 2