Gold M8

Search This thread

Clamhost

Feb 14, 2011
www.clamhost.com
No, I am a new T-mobile user, signed up on February 13th, with the "old" jump

thanks!

Yeah Jump 2 started on February 22/23rd from what my local store told me.

I use Jump 2, but usually put $250-$270 down, so my monthly payment is $15-$16. Then I'll pay the device off in the future ($360-$400), and sell the phone on Swappa for $460-$500.

Honestly Jump is expensive because of the phone taxes. Buying the M8 used would've cost me like $500, that is a $190 or so savings when I count tax.

-T

chivamex10

Mar 6, 2012
I wish I could have joined before they got rid of the first JUMP. Every 6 months means you only paid anywhere from $150-$177 on the 6 months you had it (plus the initial taxes on the phone).

Now on JUMP2 you have to wait until HALF of the phone is paid off which is cool for the economical handsets they offer, but when you're talking about a Note 3 or GS5 or HTC M8, essentially anything that retails for over $600, going halfsies will take you a year.

They must have realized they were losing money that way and made the switch.

This is assuming you have good credit and didn't require a down payment when you originally got your phone.

nohcho

Aug 22, 2009
So, I am only 3 months into my "time" with T-mobile, and I have a LG Flex that I pay monthly on, with no money down.
I am in the "old" jump program.
What you are saying, is that I can take my Flex in, today, tell them to move me to "Jump 2", and trade it in for an M8, and I dont have to pay off anything on the Flex, and I can "start fresh" with an M8, with no money down? (I have great Credit)

Thanks

I would highly recommend keeping the old jump as its a much, much better deal than the new one. The new one is kind of a ripoff where T-Mobile has realized that they are losing quite a bit of money on the original jump. Also, once you got to the new jump you will never be able to revert to the old one. Yes it suck that you have to wait 6 months but its a much better deal.

I wish i had switched before they introduced the new jump. I've looked high and low for ways to get the old jump to no avail.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: wase4711

altimax98

Nov 7, 2008
Florida
I wish I could have joined before they got rid of the first JUMP. Every 6 months means you only paid anywhere from $150-$177 on the 6 months you had it (plus the initial taxes on the phone).

Now on JUMP2 you have to wait until HALF of the phone is paid off which is cool for the economical handsets they offer, but when you're talking about a Note 3 or GS5 or HTC M8, essentially anything that retails for over $600, going halfsies will take you a year.

This is assuming you have good credit and didn't require a down payment when you originally got your phone.

This...

I love the old JUMP

Reactions: wase4711

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
I would highly recommend keeping the old jump as its a much, much better deal than the new one. The new one is kind of a ripoff where T-Mobile has realized that they are losing quite a bit of money on the original jump. Also, once you got to the new jump you will never be able to revert to the old one. Yes it suck that you have to wait 6 months but its a much better deal.

I wish i had switched before they introduced the new jump. I've looked high and low for ways to get the old jump to no avail.

Yeah, after thinking about it, I dont want to change from the "old" jump to the new..I am surprised it took tmobile so long to figure out they could lose alot of money keeping JUMP the way it was in the beginning
I'm sure that there will be plenty of great phones to choose from in August when my first jump comes up

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Only gun metal

Just picked up a T-Mobile one it has no branding on it....Woot!!!!

udarygy4.jpg

e3e6y5yn.jpg

How did you get it early?
    There is none other than paying off your device and starting a new EIP(you will have to wait 3 months).

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
    anyone know of a way to get a "jump" early?
    I am on month 3 of my new T_mo service, and I am on my 3rd(replaced twice with problems) lg Flex; I'd love to get a M8, but, i have 3 more months until I am "officially" eligible..

Anyone know of a way to get my jump early, or convince T-Mo to let me grab one? I have 3 lines in total, and really dont need another line..

Thanks!

Maybe sell you Flex for a few hundred to pay off part of the EIP and pay the rest out your pocket.
    So, I am only 3 months into my "time" with T-mobile, and I have a LG Flex that I pay monthly on, with no money down.
    I am in the "old" jump program.
    What you are saying, is that I can take my Flex in, today, tell them to move me to "Jump 2", and trade it in for an M8, and I dont have to pay off anything on the Flex, and I can "start fresh" with an M8, with no money down? (I have great Credit)

Thanks

This...

I love the old JUMP