Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,198 Members 39,663 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Disable lockscreen on sense 5.5, android 4.4.2

Tip us?

tcpma
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Disable lockscreen on sense 5.5, android 4.4.2

Hi, as we know with official 4.4.2 update and sense 5.5 we can't unlock screen and go directly to the homescreen.

A simple question: is there an app or a mod that disable lockscreen in stock rom? If yes, it needs root, recovery etc? With these modifications, will I receive future OTA's update?

Thanks
#TeamAndroid

sharksfan7
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcpma View Post
Hi, as we know with official 4.4.2 update and sense 5.5 we can't unlock screen and go directly to the homescreen.

A simple question: is there an app or a mod that disable lockscreen in stock rom? If yes, it needs root, recovery etc? With these modifications, will I receive future OTA's update?

Thanks
I just updated to 4.4.2 w/ Sense 5.5 with an AT&T RUU and I'm able to disable the lockscreen. Under Settings>Security>Screen Security, there's an option "Bypass lock screen on wake". I enabled that w/ no screen lock and when I wake my phone I'm on my homescreen. If I set a PIN or Pattern lock, I'm on the screen to enter that once I wake the phone. No need to swipe up.

Perhaps that option isn't available in all variants. But I know it's different in 4.4.2 than 4.3. So maybe you're just overlooking it.

tcpma
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan7 View Post
I just updated to 4.4.2 w/ Sense 5.5 with an AT&T RUU and I'm able to disable the lockscreen. Under Settings>Security>Screen Security, there's an option "Bypass lock screen on wake". I enabled that w/ no screen lock and when I wake my phone I'm on my homescreen. If I set a PIN or Pattern lock, I'm on the screen to enter that once I wake the phone. No need to swipe up.

Perhaps that option isn't available in all variants. But I know it's different in 4.4.2 than 4.3. So maybe you're just overlooking it.
you're a lucky man even with that option activated, if I wake my phone there's a lockscreen (without pin or pattern lock, of course) and I have to slide up before going to homescreen
#TeamAndroid

sharksfan7
Old
(Last edited by sharksfan7; 29th April 2014 at 08:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcpma View Post
you're a lucky man even with that option activated, if I wake my phone there's a lockscreen (without pin or pattern lock, of course) and I have to slide up before going to homescreen
Okay, I dug into this a little deeper and found that I have an Xposed module that is enabling the "Bypass lockscreen on wake" setting when there is no screen lock. The module is called "Sense 5 Toolbox". The lockscreen bypass is an "always active mod" so I didn't even realize it was there. I disabled the entire module and tested the lockscreen bypass and I got the swipe up screen when no PIN or pattern was enabled. Set a PIN and the swipe up screen is gone.

I then re-enabled the "Sense 5 Toolbox" module, restarted the phone, then removed the PIN and now no swipe up screen.

--------
ADDED: You will need to be rooted to install the Xposed framework. Which means you'll most likely have a custom recovery. You can always flash back to stock recovery though. But once you root and start modifying stuff, the less likely it is that OTAs will install. But there are other ways to get updated. They may take a bit more work, but it's possible. Like I mentioned, I just updated to 4.4.2 & my device was rooted and a bunch of system stuff modified so the OTA wouldn't work as it was.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sharksfan7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tcpma
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Okay, I dug into this a little deeper and found that I have an Xposed module that is enabling the "Bypass lockscreen on wake" setting when there is no screen lock. The module is called "Sense 5 Toolbox". The lockscreen bypass is an "always active mod" so I didn't even realize it was there. I disabled the entire module and tested the lockscreen bypass and I got the swipe up screen when no PIN or pattern was enabled. Set a PIN and the swipe up screen is gone.

I then re-enabled the "Sense 5 Toolbox" module, restarted the phone, then removed the PIN and now no swipe up screen.
Ok, that's a great news! It's time to root
#TeamAndroid

commandlinekid
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I just tried it with my Droid DNA running 4.4.2 kit kat, that I just upgraded. Root and s-off too.

It works!!!! Or appears to so far!

I assume I have to disable the module if I want to have a password.

The Xposed Framework I used was the .apk here: http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.ro...osed.installer

Also, the module I found is called "Keyguard Disabler [1.3]" And you have to reboot after you set the option, then "check it" which makes it become active I think. Once you reboot, it works.

I just put the .apk for Xposed on my http://futz.me public page, then clicked on the shortcut on my Android homescreen and downloaded it.
Thanks!

Quote:

--------
ADDED: You will need to be rooted to install the Xposed framework. Which means you'll most likely have a custom recovery. You can always flash back to stock recovery though. But once you root and start modifying stuff, the less likely it is that OTAs will install. But there are other ways to get updated. They may take a bit more work, but it's possible. Like I mentioned, I just updated to 4.4.2 & my device was rooted and a bunch of system stuff modified so the OTA wouldn't work as it was.