Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Disable lockscreen on sense 5.5, android 4.4.2

OP tcpma

29th April 2014, 07:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Milano
Thanks Meter: 5

69 posts
More
Hi, as we know with official 4.4.2 update and sense 5.5 we can't unlock screen and go directly to the homescreen.

A simple question: is there an app or a mod that disable lockscreen in stock rom? If yes, it needs root, recovery etc? With these modifications, will I receive future OTA's update?

Thanks
29th April 2014, 08:58 PM   |  #2  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 62

187 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcpma

Hi, as we know with official 4.4.2 update and sense 5.5 we can't unlock screen and go directly to the homescreen.

A simple question: is there an app or a mod that disable lockscreen in stock rom? If yes, it needs root, recovery etc? With these modifications, will I receive future OTA's update?

Thanks

I just updated to 4.4.2 w/ Sense 5.5 with an AT&T RUU and I'm able to disable the lockscreen. Under Settings>Security>Screen Security, there's an option "Bypass lock screen on wake". I enabled that w/ no screen lock and when I wake my phone I'm on my homescreen. If I set a PIN or Pattern lock, I'm on the screen to enter that once I wake the phone. No need to swipe up.

Perhaps that option isn't available in all variants. But I know it's different in 4.4.2 than 4.3. So maybe you're just overlooking it.
29th April 2014, 09:14 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Milano

69 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan7

I just updated to 4.4.2 w/ Sense 5.5 with an AT&T RUU and I'm able to disable the lockscreen. Under Settings>Security>Screen Security, there's an option "Bypass lock screen on wake". I enabled that w/ no screen lock and when I wake my phone I'm on my homescreen. If I set a PIN or Pattern lock, I'm on the screen to enter that once I wake the phone. No need to swipe up.

Perhaps that option isn't available in all variants. But I know it's different in 4.4.2 than 4.3. So maybe you're just overlooking it.

you're a lucky man even with that option activated, if I wake my phone there's a lockscreen (without pin or pattern lock, of course) and I have to slide up before going to homescreen
29th April 2014, 09:49 PM   |  #4  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 62

187 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcpma

you're a lucky man even with that option activated, if I wake my phone there's a lockscreen (without pin or pattern lock, of course) and I have to slide up before going to homescreen

Okay, I dug into this a little deeper and found that I have an Xposed module that is enabling the "Bypass lockscreen on wake" setting when there is no screen lock. The module is called "Sense 5 Toolbox". The lockscreen bypass is an "always active mod" so I didn't even realize it was there. I disabled the entire module and tested the lockscreen bypass and I got the swipe up screen when no PIN or pattern was enabled. Set a PIN and the swipe up screen is gone.

I then re-enabled the "Sense 5 Toolbox" module, restarted the phone, then removed the PIN and now no swipe up screen.

--------
ADDED: You will need to be rooted to install the Xposed framework. Which means you'll most likely have a custom recovery. You can always flash back to stock recovery though. But once you root and start modifying stuff, the less likely it is that OTAs will install. But there are other ways to get updated. They may take a bit more work, but it's possible. Like I mentioned, I just updated to 4.4.2 & my device was rooted and a bunch of system stuff modified so the OTA wouldn't work as it was.
Last edited by sharksfan7; 29th April 2014 at 09:57 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sharksfan7 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2014, 09:54 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Milano

69 posts
More
Quote:

Okay, I dug into this a little deeper and found that I have an Xposed module that is enabling the "Bypass lockscreen on wake" setting when there is no screen lock. The module is called "Sense 5 Toolbox". The lockscreen bypass is an "always active mod" so I didn't even realize it was there. I disabled the entire module and tested the lockscreen bypass and I got the swipe up screen when no PIN or pattern was enabled. Set a PIN and the swipe up screen is gone.

I then re-enabled the "Sense 5 Toolbox" module, restarted the phone, then removed the PIN and now no swipe up screen.

Ok, that's a great news! It's time to root
7th May 2014, 11:59 PM   |  #6  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 0

66 posts
I just tried it with my Droid DNA running 4.4.2 kit kat, that I just upgraded. Root and s-off too.

It works!!!! Or appears to so far!

I assume I have to disable the module if I want to have a password.

The Xposed Framework I used was the .apk here: http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.ro...osed.installer

Also, the module I found is called "Keyguard Disabler [1.3]" And you have to reboot after you set the option, then "check it" which makes it become active I think. Once you reboot, it works.

I just put the .apk for Xposed on my http://futz.me public page, then clicked on the shortcut on my Android homescreen and downloaded it.
Thanks!

Quote:

--------
ADDED: You will need to be rooted to install the Xposed framework. Which means you'll most likely have a custom recovery. You can always flash back to stock recovery though. But once you root and start modifying stuff, the less likely it is that OTAs will install. But there are other ways to get updated. They may take a bit more work, but it's possible. Like I mentioned, I just updated to 4.4.2 & my device was rooted and a bunch of system stuff modified so the OTA wouldn't work as it was.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread