Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,599 Members 38,678 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tab 3 7" T210R is slow and won't root!!! HELP?

Tip us?

dssking
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default Tab 3 7" T210R is slow and won't root!!! HELP?

Gentlemen,

This tab is slow....keyboard is very laggy. So I figured I'd root it and load a ROM to it.... I flashed the file listed in the thread,
however, power, home and up won't go.... upon ocsassion, it wil bring me into factory mode..... wierd. My s3 and 4 rooted just fine,
so I'm no stranger to that......

Suggestion? Is there something I'm missing?

Other suggested in antother thread to reload factory firmware from sammobile...... I don't believe it would solve anything......

Thanks guys

Riir
Old
Thanks Meter 375
You should try to flash the original firmware and see if it would fix it. Before doing it backup your data in case it doesn't fix

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

dssking
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Will do...........sammobile and odin........Correct????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riir View Post
You should try to flash the original firmware and see if it would fix it. Before doing it backup your data in case it doesn't fix

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Ripshock
Old
Thanks Meter 211
When flashing recovery, do not check auto reboot on odin and when it says pass after a successful flash, do the three combos then flash universal root.zip thing then qualla, your device has been rooted
Source: it happened to me

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk
Don`t be Naughty and Follow the rules
Thanks

dssking
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Well that makes perfect sense........ I'll do that. Might you have a RELIABLE link to the steps for rooting this donkey??
Thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripshock View Post
When flashing recovery, do not check auto reboot on odin and when it says pass after a successful flash, do the three combos then flash universal root.zip thing then qualla, your device has been rooted
Source: it happened to me

Ripshock
Old
Thanks Meter 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by dssking View Post
Well that makes perfect sense........ I'll do that. Might you have a RELIABLE link to the steps for rooting this donkey??
Thanks man
this is the method I chose but instead I flashed philz touch advanced cmw edition Edit: for philz go here

Don`t be Naughty and Follow the rules
Thanks

Riir
Old
Thanks Meter 375
Quote:
Will do...........sammobile and odin........Correct????
Yes, download the firmware and flash it via Odin.

neophyte01
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Just did it

Quote:
Gentlemen,

This tab is slow....keyboard is very laggy. So I figured I'd root it and load a ROM to it.... I flashed the file listed in the thread,
however, power, home and up won't go.... upon ocsassion, it wil bring me into factory mode..... wierd. My s3 and 4 rooted just fine,
so I'm no stranger to that......

Suggestion? Is there something I'm missing?

Other suggested in antother thread to reload factory firmware from sammobile...... I don't believe it would solve anything......

Thanks guys
I used this link - Worked just like the video showed except I found that after flashing the TWRP recovery tool, I had to hold volume up & home for an extended period before the tool would boot. Watch the screen. After the Samsung logo dissapears, there is a slight glow on the screen. When that glow disappears, release the keys and you should see a lock screen. Swipe and you're in. Good luck.
Heres the link:

sites.google.com/site/tomsgt123/all-videos/samsung-galaxy-tab-3-7in