Questions about cases for the PRO 12.2

2nd May 2014, 09:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7

478 posts
Hello,

1. There are many cases that has a front cover easily opened (e.g. those iPad-like case and the Samsung book cover, Samsung cover with keyboard, Logitech Pro). My question is when dropped or during drop, don't these covers open automatically and leave the screen/front of the device unprotected?

2. Given the Samsung Keyboard and Logitech PRO keyboard, which one do you choose? Ideally if automatic on/off function is available.

3. How good is the Samsung cover compared with the Samsung cover with keyboard?

4. In general, is it better to buy a case with the keyboard than to buy a separate case and a separate keyboard (choose the best from each world).

Thanks.
Last edited by hajime_android; 2nd May 2014 at 09:52 AM.
2nd May 2014, 11:00 PM   |  #2  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 50

343 posts
More
I cannot answer all of those, but I do prefer using an all in one unit *if* I am going to use a keyboard. The logitech is the best "feeling" keyboard out there, and no it does not have on/off capabilities. The Sammy one however is very thin, but offers no folio, it's also a great keyboard. Zagg vs. Samsung is no comparison, while the idea is the same, the Zagg can't compete with the Samsung at any level.
2nd May 2014, 11:48 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7

478 posts
Thanks. Is the logitech one noticeably heavier than the sammy one? Note that sammy made two cases for the PRO 12.2. One with a keyboard and the other without.
3rd May 2014, 07:07 AM   |  #4  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 50

343 posts
More
There is no comparison, the Logitech keyboard is considerably larger than the Samsung. It is a folio and the Sammy is not. My biggest complaint with the Sammy is that the tablet doesn't fit in the case glass side up. So when using the tablet with the Samsung case if not using the keyboard, it's just the tablet on its own. With the large size and plastic back, there are a couple spots which "creak" when pressing on them. I am certain it's no big deal, but it does make the tablet feel cheaper than its price.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
7th May 2014, 11:16 PM   |  #5  
Flag Beyond human comprehension
Thanks Meter: 77

383 posts
More
I got the Zagg keyboard cover case today from best buy and have been very pleased with it so far. The BB store reps let me try all 3 cases. The Samsung, Zagg and Logitech case. The Sammy is $30 more than the Zagg and seemed a little flimsy to me. The Logitech seemed a little to bulky compared to the other two cases and $30 more as well. Imo the Zagg was the best compromise for me, in terms of price, thickness, protection and quality.

Edit. The Zagg keyboard allows you to fit the tablet in the case, glass side up or down.
Last edited by *Omnipresent*; 9th May 2014 at 06:56 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread