Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,692 Members 52,884 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tmobile G Flex Kit Kat update

Tip us?

knotrkr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Default Tmobile G Flex Kit Kat update

When I woke up today I had a notification that the kitkat update was ready for download and install, So I did and it downloaded, rebooted into recovery saying it was updating, when i rebooted again I'm still on 4.2.2. I can't find the download , does anyone know of another way to apply the kitkat update another way?
Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Premium HD app
▐ Phone: T-Mobile LG G Flex▐
▐ Tablet : Apple Ipad Air ▐

bbobarino
Old
Thanks Meter 230
The update is located in the cache fota folder and this subject already has a thread

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk
MAIN DEVICES M919 GALAXY S 4/LG D959 G FLEX/NEXUS 7 2ND GEN

mattwheat
Old
Thanks Meter 274
Matt something or other over on the nexus 7 threads and razor HD threads wrote an apk. I've got it some where that you van download. Its on the play store also. It freezes the download after its finished downloading and pulls it from the sort of hidden folders and puts it in a zip on your SD card as well as uploads it to his site and I think github

Sent from my LG-D959 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

He goes by batakang. Great developer. Super cool cat too. Here's his apk. Please install and if you get an update please run the apk and snatch the ota for us to build off of and go thru it to find what if at all it patches and locks down further.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j86tkg1do9...snatcher-1.apk

Sent from my LG-D959 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2