Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] ATT Sgh-I747 Cm11 M6 Buggy, Maps Not Working

OP raider111111

8th May 2014, 01:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I have been running Cyanogenmod for a while and have really enjoyed running an AOSP custom rom. However I notice that when I run CM11 (any version) Google Maps will either not work properly or wont work at all. Sometimes my GPS as a whole wont work and I can't use any navigation application. I also notice that the first few days the rom runs fairly well but after two days it starts acting erratic. At first there will be little problems like not showing map searches properly but as time goes on it gets worse and worse to the point that I can't get my ringer back on again (even though it is set to on in the menu) without restarting the phone. In addition the phone as a whole is very sluggish and slow now. Sometimes I will run an application and the phone will not run it properly and if I hit the home button it will lock up for a few seconds and sometimes I will have to restart it in order to get it working properly again.

None of these problems exist with CM10.2. The only problem I will have is when the top drag down notification menu in pulled down sometimes it glitches up and stops at about half way down the screen and I need to tap the screen so that it resets and I can do it over again. Other than that everything works fine with 4.3 but when I install 4.4 (CM11) it's not stable at all on my phone.

I install it using clockwork mod recovery.
I wipe the /system, /data and /data/media (/sdcard), /data, /cache, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, wipe dalvik cache.
Then I install the cm-11-20140504-SNAPSHOT-M6-d2lte.zip
Then I install the gapps- kk-20140105-signed.zip
Then I do another wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, wipe dalvik cache.

The only way I can do a cleaner wipe (that I know of) is to wipe my sdcard that I installed as extra memory, but I don't have another one and since most of my issues don't happen when I use 10.2.1 I havent gone forward with that option.

The rom I have the best luck with and is the one that I am referencing in this post as the 10.2.1 rom is cm-10.2.1-d2att.zip.

Anyone have any ideas? Am I missing a step? I otherwise really like CM11 and would like to use it all the time, but I work in the IT field and my phone is my assistant and I need something more reliable.

Thanks!!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread