Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,543 Members 37,236 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I'm Looking For Kitkat 4.4.2 or Jellybean 4.3 Tethering Enabled Custom Rom

Tip us?

matth84
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone I'm Looking For Kitkat 4.4.2 or Jellybean 4.3 Tethering Enabled Custom Rom

I have the Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 Model with AT&T. I have recently downgraded from Kitkat 4.4.2 to Jellybean 4.3. The reason was so I could root it for tethering purposes to my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and other devices. However, after downgrading and rooting it the tethering tutorials are not working for me. I have tried several even the TetheringProvision.bak and bak2 one. No luck. Now at this point I feel that downgrading was pointless for me because as I stated the intent was to root and tether. I can't tether and none of the tethering paid and free apps in the android play store works for me either. Is there a jellybean 4.3 custom rom or Kitkat 4.4.2 custom rom with tethering enabled that I can download? I have safestrap installed on my S4.

I appreciate any help I can get with this!

charrog
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by matth84 View Post
I have the Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 Model with AT&T. I have recently downgraded from Kitkat 4.4.2 to Jellybean 4.3. The reason was so I could root it for tethering purposes to my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and other devices. However, after downgrading and rooting it the tethering tutorials are not working for me. I have tried several even the TetheringProvision.bak and bak2 one. No luck. Now at this point I feel that downgrading was pointless for me because as I stated the intent was to root and tether. I can't tether and none of the tethering paid and free apps in the android play store works for me either. Is there a jellybean 4.3 custom rom or Kitkat 4.4.2 custom rom with tethering enabled that I can download? I have safestrap installed on my S4.

Look for Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot in the Google play store it works for me no problems.

muniz_ri
Old
Thanks Meter 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by matth84 View Post

See here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2692825
The Following User Says Thank You to muniz_ri For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

matth84
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post

Thanks this was exactly what I was looking for and worked!

matth84
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone Galaxy S4 Switches to Edge Connection All The Time And Delays When Making Calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
Since I flashed my Galaxy S4 with this Custom Kitkat 4.4.2 Rom with the additional tethering add on I've noticed that any calls I make are long delayed. I have to constantly reboot my phone or take out the battery to reset the network connection because it always switches to edge connection instead my 4G LTE speed.