Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,276 Members 44,732 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Why didn't omni use focal camera instead of the CM camera ?

Tip us?

zy4377340
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default Why didn't omni use focal camera instead of the CM camera ?

In my opinion focal is the most excellent camera in Android .Since Xplodwild is the author of focal and he is also one of the most developer of omni ,why we don't use focal in omni ? @XpLoDWilD

Sent from my Xperia T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

phentex
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by zy4377340 View Post
In my opinion focal is the most excellent camera in Android .Since Xplodwild is the author of focal and he is also one of the most developer of omni ,why we don't use focal in omni ? @XpLoDWilD

I suppose because it's freaking bugged like hell.
Any way, try the new google camera. Enjoy the blur mode & seemless pano / spheremap , and never look back....

Device: Samsung/Google Galaxy Nexus GSM (Maguro)
Rom / Kernel / Radio / Bootloader : Omnirom Nightly / Omnirom Nightly / i9250xxlj1 / primemd04

zy4377340
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by phentex View Post
I suppose because it's freaking bugged like hell.
Any way, try the new google camera. Enjoy the blur mode & seemless pano / spheremap , and never look back....
In fact I could use focal in omni .And Google camera is too simple as there even don't have a scene to choose

Entropy512
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 24193

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zy4377340 View Post

It wasn't quite ready for prime-time. Before the Focal relicensing incident, the plan would've been to finish polishing it within CM. But when Cyngn tried to forcefully obtain commercial rights to it using their CLA (fortunately, the AOSP CLA which both Omni and CM use isn't that powerful and doesn't allow you to relicense GPL works), development stopped for 2+ months and then we all became busy with Omni itself.

I think eventually xplodwild decided he'd be better off rewriting most of Focal rather than polishing the existing codebase, but he's been very busy with other stuff lately. Maybe he'll have more time once this semester of graduate school ends.

And we don't use CM's camera. We use AOSP camera with a very small number of CM cherry-picks.

So pretty much the answer is "because we haven't had the time to replace it"
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zy4377340
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512 View Post
It wasn't quite ready for prime-time. Before the Focal relicensing incident, the plan would've been to finish polishing it within CM. But when Cyngn tried to forcefully obtain commercial rights to it using their CLA (fortunately, the AOSP CLA which both Omni and CM use isn't that powerful and doesn't allow you to relicense GPL works), development stopped for 2+ months and then we all became busy with Omni itself.

I think eventually xplodwild decided he'd be better off rewriting most of Focal rather than polishing the existing codebase, but he's been very busy with other stuff lately. Maybe he'll have more time once this semester of graduate school ends.

And we don't use CM's camera. We use AOSP camera with a very small number of CM cherry-picks.

So pretty much the answer is "because we haven't had the time to replace it"
Thank you very much