Post Reply

S3 Crashes During Facory Reset

7th May 2014, 03:00 PM   |  #1  
ladd76's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Stonyford, CA
Thanks Meter: 3
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Greetings,

I was attempting to install a ROM through CWM 6.0.4.7 recovery and it failed during the installation. More like crashed as I did not get an error message or have the robot fall over. After this happened my galaxy s3 started bootlooping. During the bootloop I could still see the cyanogen mod icon present which I thought was strange as I had done a full wipe/factory reset/system format before attempting to install the other ROM. I have been flashing ROM's for over a year but am still learning. Anyway I got back into CWM recovery and attempted to wipe user data/factory reset again to make sure I had a clean install before making a 2nd attempt and I was able to wipe both caches no problem but when I attempt to do factory reset it crashes. I thought maybe it was the recovery so I flashed TWRP through ODIN and tried to factory reset and it also crashes.

I am still able to access download mode and get into custom recoveries but I am not sure what to do now. I have attempted to flash back to CM 11 and Task 650 4.4 but I receive status 7 errors. I have not been able to locate stock restore tar files for 4.3 as all I have read is that 4.3 was an OTA and there is no tar file for it. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
7th May 2014, 09:21 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 74
 
354 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladd76

Greetings,

I was attempting to install a ROM through CWM 6.0.4.7 recovery and it failed during the installation. More like crashed as I did not get an error message or have the robot fall over. After this happened my galaxy s3 started bootlooping. During the bootloop I could still see the cyanogen mod icon present which I thought was strange as I had done a full wipe/factory reset/system format before attempting to install the other ROM. I have been flashing ROM's for over a year but am still learning. Anyway I got back into CWM recovery and attempted to wipe user data/factory reset again to make sure I had a clean install before making a 2nd attempt and I was able to wipe both caches no problem but when I attempt to do factory reset it crashes. I thought maybe it was the recovery so I flashed TWRP through ODIN and tried to factory reset and it also crashes.

I am still able to access download mode and get into custom recoveries but I am not sure what to do now. I have attempted to flash back to CM 11 and Task 650 4.4 but I receive status 7 errors. I have not been able to locate stock restore tar files for 4.3 as all I have read is that 4.3 was an OTA and there is no tar file for it. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Are you using the AT&T i747 or the i747M? Looks like your phone does not have a working OS. Please see the post below for a similar problem. If you have the AT&T version, you may try the same recommended solution to get your phone back to working condition via stock restore which you can do from custom recovery ...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2743241
The Following User Says Thank You to Larry2999 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th May 2014, 11:25 PM   |  #3  
ladd76's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Stonyford, CA
Thanks Meter: 3
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry2999

Are you using the AT&T i747 or the i747M? Looks like your phone does not have a working OS. Please see the post below for a similar problem. If you have the AT&T version, you may try the same recommended solution to get your phone back to working condition via stock restore which you can do from custom recovery ...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2743241

yes i747 thanks
8th May 2014, 12:35 AM   |  #4  
audit13's Avatar
Senior Member
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 462
 
2,426 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Try this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2658486
8th May 2014, 01:36 AM   |  #5  
ladd76's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Stonyford, CA
Thanks Meter: 3
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13

Try this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2658486

That is actually what i was flashing when I encountered my problem. I was finally able to get one of my old ROM's to install after re-flashing the newest CWM through ODIN and reinstalling my bootloader. I am not sure what the problem was as the stock rom 4.3 shouldnt have downgraded it? Perhaps a random crash which corrupted something. The developer on the stock rom has provided a tar file which I may try this time around. Thank you all for your help.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes