Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Updates after unrooting

OP jlu459

7th May 2014, 11:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I bought the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition recently and it states that it has been modified. I do not want it rooted and just want the official device status that it is supposed to be. If I unroot it to the latest 4.4.2 version, will I be able to on the tablet, update the software to the latest edition? I just want to be able to update it normally from the device and keep up with the latest versions. Thank you in advanced for your input.
Last edited by jlu459; 7th May 2014 at 11:46 PM. Reason: typo
8th May 2014, 02:09 AM   |  #2  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 388

1,210 posts
More
As far as I know you won't be able to receive OTAs, but you will be able to do updates manually via Odin.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
8th May 2014, 02:51 AM   |  #3  
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 315

394 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlu459

I bought the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition recently and it states that it has been modified. I do not want it rooted and just want the official device status that it is supposed to be. If I unroot it to the latest 4.4.2 version, will I be able to on the tablet, update the software to the latest edition? I just want to be able to update it normally from the device and keep up with the latest versions. Thank you in advanced for your input.

Odin flash the 4.4.2 firmware for your region and reboot into recovery and factory reset from there. Reboot and you'll be back at official non-rooted status and can receive OTA's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to ┐Will-it-Blend? For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread