Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,579 Members 42,925 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Updates after unrooting

Tip us?

jlu459
Old
(Last edited by jlu459; 7th May 2014 at 10:46 PM.) Reason: typo
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Post [Q] Updates after unrooting

I bought the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition recently and it states that it has been modified. I do not want it rooted and just want the official device status that it is supposed to be. If I unroot it to the latest 4.4.2 version, will I be able to on the tablet, update the software to the latest edition? I just want to be able to update it normally from the device and keep up with the latest versions. Thank you in advanced for your input.

jgaf
Old
Thanks Meter 388
As far as I know you won't be able to receive OTAs, but you will be able to do updates manually via Odin.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
Devices

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition [Still unrooted/waiting for Knox 0x0)
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3: Task & Ktoonsez AOKP Jellybean 4.3
NookColor 8GB: MiRaGe - KANG build of CyanogenMod

Retired:
ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T 32GB: JellyBean Hydro 7.0 Liquid Butter (I killed the digitizer)

Check out my Sixaxis Controller app profiles for the TF300T

Check out my Sixaxis Controller app profiles for the Samsung Galaxy S3

┐Will-it-Blend?
Old
Thanks Meter 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlu459 View Post
I bought the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition recently and it states that it has been modified. I do not want it rooted and just want the official device status that it is supposed to be. If I unroot it to the latest 4.4.2 version, will I be able to on the tablet, update the software to the latest edition? I just want to be able to update it normally from the device and keep up with the latest versions. Thank you in advanced for your input.
Odin flash the 4.4.2 firmware for your region and reboot into recovery and factory reset from there. Reboot and you'll be back at official non-rooted status and can receive OTA's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to ┐Will-it-Blend? For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]