Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,304 Members 41,289 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[URGENT] Every reboot results in a factory reset

Tip us?

jombo2323
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default [URGENT] Every reboot results in a factory reset

So today my droid started messing up, home and recents button didnt work. Google play store and whatnot couldnt access data, the signal status bar at the top was just grey.

So i factory reset it. During the reset it just sat there on the little screen with the spinning hexball thing for like an hour so i shut the phone off. Now every time the phone boots it just tries to wipe it again unless i go into the boot menu and hit normal boot.

Running stock rom and whatnot, but im rooted.

I know that theres a flag somewhere that it reads on boot saying to wipe it, but dang if i know what to change.

Thanks in advance

jombo2323
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Well i unrooted my phone and tried to let it redo the factory reset again, and it still just wont do anything.

coolloser
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo2323 View Post
home and recents button didnt work
When this happens to me, it's because of a bad flash and a factory reset won't fix it. I would suggest reflashing stock...

jombo2323
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolloser View Post
When this happens to me, it's because of a bad flash and a factory reset won't fix it. I would suggest reflashing stock...
I dont have a custom recovery or an unlocked bootloader.

I managed to get the problem sorted out through some unrooting and some non stock system file deletion. Installed safestrap and got blurry hd running on it now.

Thanks.