Bought another HTC One (M8) it's a little different

Search This thread

yuppicide

Mar 11, 2013
I have an FA serial number. No issues so far. Everything I have was either good, or if there were instances of not good it's the network's fault.

So what is the cause of FA and HT issues? Different factory or assembly line that's making them? You got some dude named Jiu Jitsu who's been working there 30 years, has seniority that they can't fire him, even though he always screws up and doesn't care about his job anymore?

Kantide

Dec 9, 2008
San Diego
FA serial number "Amber Gold" one myself and havent had any issues. The LTE near my house is so fast that I sometimes forget to connect to my wifi. The few cases I had 3G, it worked ok. No build quality issues that I can notice. I feel it is actually a little more solid in build than the M7 I replaced.

Reactions: sslbaron

Sandman9043

Sep 28, 2013
Well i got my phone before launch and so far so good but now I am having problems with watching YouTube videos or almost every form a videos expect for Netflix and my phone is a fa and I get pretty good 3g speeds and and very good 4G speeds so I am not sure what is up with this phone my issue with videos hopefully this gets resolved soon and if anyone knows why for my problem let me know thanks ahead of time

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

HermanV0929

Oct 15, 2012
I had the "no 3G" issue but took it to sprint and they fixed it, so it's most likely from the update as I expected it was. I'm guessing they ran the ruu on it. I tried factory and data reset and nothing worked, until today when I took it to sprint. Bought it at bestbuy but they were no help

Sent from my 831C using XDA Free mobile app

MassStash

Sep 26, 2008
Chicago
I had the "no 3G" issue but took it to sprint and they fixed it, so it's most likely from the update as I expected it was. I'm guessing they ran the ruu on it. I tried factory and data reset and nothing worked, until today when I took it to sprint. Bought it at bestbuy but they were no help

Oh wow, that's interesting. What is exactly is the no 3G. At all, 0 never, or like when it drops from lte to 3g and get no data? That's what's happening to me and I'm sure if something I need to address. Thus far I just toggle data quick tile then 3g will start working...

~m8whl modded stock
2.265 Max ¦ 300 Min
ondemand
row

HermanV0929

Oct 15, 2012
Oh wow, that's interesting. What is exactly is the no 3G. At all, 0 never, or like when it drops from lte to 3g and get no data? That's what's happening to me and I'm sure if something I need to address. Thus far I just toggle data quick tile then 3g will start working...

~m8whl modded stock
2.265 Max ¦ 300 Min
ondemand
row

Couldn't goto cdma only and it wouldn't switch to 3g when out of LTE area. There'd just be no service, not just no data...nothing! Like it was only searching for LTE no matter what and it wouldn't roam either

MassStash

Sep 26, 2008
Chicago
Couldn't goto cdma only and it wouldn't switch to 3g when out of LTE area. There'd just be no service, not just no data...nothing! Like it was only searching for LTE no matter what and it wouldn't roam either

Ahhh ok ok, so no no 3G. Think I'm good then... That's a bummer, thanks for the clarification!

~m8whl modded stock
2.265 Max ¦ 300 Min
ondemand
row

DruoGaby

May 31, 2013

mines seems to be stuck on 3g..**** it says 3g and i cant access anything unless im on wifi now

mswlogo

Dec 15, 2004
Boston

Could you be bold enough to ask them what they did? Maybe you could run into the issue again someday and you are not at the same store.

I ran the Harman RUU on mine and it would not fix it.

My replacement phone is now running the same firmware when the original one broke.

Had you tried ##786# that's what the stores usually do these days and that can fix issues sometimes.

HermanV0929

Oct 15, 2012
Could you be bold enough to ask them what they did? Maybe you could run into the issue again someday and you are not at the same store.

I ran the Harman RUU on mine and it would not fix it.

My replacement phone is now running the same firmware when the original one broke.

Had you tried ##786# that's what the stores usually do these days and that can fix issues sometimes.

I didn't try that. I tried the ##72786# but I did see them do the ##786# so maybe that is what did it. Wish I'd of known about that sooner. It'd of saved me a lot of hassle of re-doing everything, if that's what fixed it, because the first thing sprint does, is a factory reset. If I can get it to do it again, I'll definitely try the ##786# and post an update on my results.

mswlogo

Dec 15, 2004
Boston
I didn't try that. I tried the ##72786# but I did see them do the ##786# so maybe that is what did it. Wish I'd of known about that sooner. It'd of saved me a lot of hassle of re-doing everything, if that's what fixed it, because the first thing sprint does, is a factory reset. If I can get it to do it again, I'll definitely try the ##786# and post an update on my results.

##72786# triggers reactivation. ##786# triggers reactivation + "Factory Reset".

I'm not sure if a "Factory Reset" + ##72786# is equivalent to ##786#. I suspect it wipes more of your profile. But I'm not 100% sure.

What firmware did you end up with?

HermanV0929

Oct 15, 2012
##72786# triggers reactivation. ##786# triggers reactivation + "Factory Reset".

I'm not sure if a "Factory Reset" + ##72786# is equivalent to ##786#. I suspect it wipes more of your profile. But I'm not 100% sure.

What firmware did you end up with?

Well I tried factory reset and ##72786# and it didn't work so it could be that the ##786# wipes more. Im on 1.54.651.8

elite001mm

Mar 30, 2014

~m8whl modded stock
2.265 Max ¦ 300 Min
ondemand
row

Hello, I know this is a very old thread but I recently let my phone get hot by accident (I don't know if that is the direct cause of my problem) and the next day I couldn't receive any kind of 3G/1X signal on Verizon. Even in the phone info hidden menu I can't switch to CDMA or evdo (that's 1X and 3G). LTE works when I'm in a service area. But I can never get 3G/1X signal. At all. No matter what I do. The issue is ROM independent. My serial # starts with FA. I've never heard of the "no 3g of death" issue until now.. Do you think that's what my problem is

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think I may contact sprint again. I wish I could just go buy a phone but that isn't happening.

---------- Post added at 04:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 AM ----------

What happens on HT serial numbers? Issues or differences in build?

---------- Post added at 05:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 AM ----------

Hey @mswlogo, is your led light really dim while charging on the new phone?

The no 3g of death that has been plaguing our phones, some people are convinced it only happens on fa serial numbers, but i can confirm it happens on ht too
    Just so you know you can't go just on the first 2 characters.... That just says where it was made....have to use the next few to determine a time frame... Seen some come out of the same factory and be world's apart.

There's a thread in the One forum going over SNs.....

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
    FA serial number "Amber Gold" one myself and havent had any issues. The LTE near my house is so fast that I sometimes forget to connect to my wifi. The few cases I had 3G, it worked ok. No build quality issues that I can notice. I feel it is actually a little more solid in build than the M7 I replaced.