Post Reply

HoneyStreak R8 - Screen on/off loop

5th May 2014, 02:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
312 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2008
Ok so I got myself a new Dell streak from Frys for $30 !!.

Had Honeycomb 3.2.with HTJ85B

Installed CWM, and installed Honeystreak R8. booted fine but screen is in constant on/off loop. Is there a fix for it?
5th May 2014, 04:35 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Nevada
Thanks Meter: 76
 
888 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent5150

Ok so I got myself a new Dell streak from Frys for $30 !!.

Had Honeycomb 3.2.with HTJ85B

Installed CWM, and installed Honeystreak R8. booted fine but screen is in constant on/off loop. Is there a fix for it?

You may need to go back to stock....I cant remember but i think Honeystreak 7 worked the best for me I eventualy just modified the 514 stock rom
1. HoneyStreak and Stock are different so make sure that you wiped data,cache and dalvik well thats what I do when I dont want problems
2. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...97&postcount=1 this was the recovery I used .....twrp works but was iffy on my device
7th May 2014, 04:00 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
312 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernox701

You may need to go back to stock....I cant remember but i think Honeystreak 7 worked the best for me I eventualy just modified the 514 stock rom
1. HoneyStreak and Stock are different so make sure that you wiped data,cache and dalvik well thats what I do when I dont want problems
2. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...97&postcount=1 this was the recovery I used .....twrp works but was iffy on my device

Appreciate the tips. I can't find HoneyStreak 7. Do you happen to have it? appreciate if you can share it.
7th May 2014, 04:59 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Nevada
Thanks Meter: 76
 
888 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent5150

Appreciate the tips. I can't find HoneyStreak 7. Do you happen to have it? appreciate if you can share it.

You can look here http://d-h.st/users/TheManii/?fld_id=5697#files

Also look for 514modified stock rom by Dreamer it works pretty good
7th May 2014, 06:37 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
312 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernox701

You can look here http://d-h.st/users/TheManii/?fld_id=5697#files

Also look for 514modified stock rom by Dreamer it works pretty good

That is where I got the R8 but R7 is not listed. Tried the HoneyStreak HD7-RC6 and could not go beyond welcome screen.

Back on stock 514 for now.
8th May 2014, 03:35 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Flag Nevada
Thanks Meter: 76
 
888 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent5150

That is where I got the R8 but R7 is not listed. Tried the HoneyStreak HD7-RC6 and could not go beyond welcome screen.

Back on stock 514 for now.

Sorry for the that I was just trying to help...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes