Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

[Q] Can't figure out this firmware mess

OP donciclon

7th May 2014, 07:04 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

35 posts
I'm looking to flash the firmware update that Mike1986 has up in his thread. I bought my M8 from T-mobile and I am s-off and bootloader unlocked.

My question, do i need to mess with changing my cid or mid in order to flash the firmware.zip? I've been reading threads all day and can't find a clear answer and don't want to risk a brick.

I would really appreciate any help.Thanks!
7th May 2014, 07:12 PM   |  #2  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 1,422

3,352 posts
Donate to Me
More
No. Just don't flash a cdma firmware. You only need to change cid/mid to receive ota though just S-off and supercid should allow you to get ota from any carrier/international base.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to exad For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th May 2014, 07:27 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

35 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by exad

No. Just don't flash a cdma firmware. You only need to change cid/mid to receive ota though just S-off and supercid should allow you to get ota from any carrier/international base.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Awesome, Thanks. He warns in the first couple of lines that cids must match in order to flash it but i can't find a reference to what cid the firmware download pertains to other than it being of .401.x ruu variant (whatever that means).
7th May 2014, 08:44 PM   |  #4  
Flag Buxton
Thanks Meter: 1,813

2,773 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by donciclon

Awesome, Thanks. He warns in the first couple of lines that cids must match in order to flash it but i can't find a reference to what cid the firmware download pertains to other than it being of .401.x ruu variant (whatever that means).

.401 relates to cid HTC__001 and other european versions.

Your cid and mid must match one of those listed in the android-info.txt file in the firmware zip.
If it doesn't match one of those then you can edit that text file to include your cid and change the mid to that of your mid.
Alternatively you can change your cid to supercid of 11111111 (8x1) and then flash away.

Part 2 of this guide explain how to set your cid to supercid and will also explain how to find your info using getvar.
Last edited by rider5512; 7th May 2014 at 08:47 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rider5512 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th May 2014, 01:00 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 206

594 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by donciclon

I'm looking to flash the firmware update that Mike1986 has up in his thread. I bought my M8 from T-mobile and I am s-off and bootloader unlocked.

My question, do i need to mess with changing my cid or mid in order to flash the firmware.zip? I've been reading threads all day and can't find a clear answer and don't want to risk a brick.

I would really appreciate any help.Thanks!

Yes you absolutely need to see what cid the firmware is for. I would make your cid super "11111111" to be safe. Check mid too. Being soff will allow you to flash anything and if it doesn't match, you can hard brick. If your not soff, and try to flash incorrect cid, it will just fail.
8th May 2014, 03:44 AM   |  #6  
Akron, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 339

1,277 posts
More
I just did this today.

I got super CID, which is easy.

Downloaded the firmware.zip, opened it with winwar and deleted recovery.img and edited the android-info and changed the MID to the one for Tmobile. (Adds like a 13 after the b or something)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread