Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,426 Members 53,857 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't figure out this firmware mess

Tip us?

donciclon
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Can't figure out this firmware mess

I'm looking to flash the firmware update that Mike1986 has up in his thread. I bought my M8 from T-mobile and I am s-off and bootloader unlocked.

My question, do i need to mess with changing my cid or mid in order to flash the firmware.zip? I've been reading threads all day and can't find a clear answer and don't want to risk a brick.

I would really appreciate any help.Thanks!

exad
Old
Thanks Meter 1390

DONATE TO ME
No. Just don't flash a cdma firmware. You only need to change cid/mid to receive ota though just S-off and supercid should allow you to get ota from any carrier/international base.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
My Phone: Telus HTC One M8: 3.16 HBOOT S-OFF

Exad's m8 everything explained thread for teh noobs

The Following User Says Thank You to exad For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

donciclon
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by exad View Post
No. Just don't flash a cdma firmware. You only need to change cid/mid to receive ota though just S-off and supercid should allow you to get ota from any carrier/international base.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
Awesome, Thanks. He warns in the first couple of lines that cids must match in order to flash it but i can't find a reference to what cid the firmware download pertains to other than it being of .401.x ruu variant (whatever that means).

rider5512
Old
(Last edited by rider5512; 7th May 2014 at 08:47 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1578
Quote:
Originally Posted by donciclon View Post
Awesome, Thanks. He warns in the first couple of lines that cids must match in order to flash it but i can't find a reference to what cid the firmware download pertains to other than it being of .401.x ruu variant (whatever that means).
.401 relates to cid HTC__001 and other european versions.

Your cid and mid must match one of those listed in the android-info.txt file in the firmware zip.
If it doesn't match one of those then you can edit that text file to include your cid and change the mid to that of your mid.
Alternatively you can change your cid to supercid of 11111111 (8x1) and then flash away.

Part 2 of this guide explain how to set your cid to supercid and will also explain how to find your info using getvar.

Some days you are the bug........ other days you are the windscreen !

HTC One M8 (s-off)...... Rom: ARHD 10.1 (2.22.401.4)
Nexus 5...................... Rom: Stock KTU84P (4.4.4) rooted
Nexus 7 (2013)............ Rom: CleanRom 3.6 (KTU84P - 4.4.4)
The Following User Says Thank You to rider5512 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

an0ther
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by donciclon View Post
I'm looking to flash the firmware update that Mike1986 has up in his thread. I bought my M8 from T-mobile and I am s-off and bootloader unlocked.

My question, do i need to mess with changing my cid or mid in order to flash the firmware.zip? I've been reading threads all day and can't find a clear answer and don't want to risk a brick.

I would really appreciate any help.Thanks!
Yes you absolutely need to see what cid the firmware is for. I would make your cid super "11111111" to be safe. Check mid too. Being soff will allow you to flash anything and if it doesn't match, you can hard brick. If your not soff, and try to flash incorrect cid, it will just fail.

xxquicksh0txx
Old
Thanks Meter 332
I just did this today.

I got super CID, which is easy.

Downloaded the firmware.zip, opened it with winwar and deleted recovery.img and edited the android-info and changed the MID to the one for Tmobile. (Adds like a 13 after the b or something)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk