Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,327 Members 44,909 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Razr Maxx HD - Need to go back to stock or a stock-based ROM

Tip us?

scottocs
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Question [Q] Razr Maxx HD - Need to go back to stock or a stock-based ROM

My dad has a Droid Razr Maxx HD and I currently have the bootloader unlocked and a custom Recovery and Rom on there.
He keeps having problems with whatever ROM I put on (forgot by now) and I'd like to put him back to stock or a ROM that based on stock system.

What version of Android is stock on now? I read that they will be rolling out a 4.4 upgrade sometime soon.
Any advice on which ROM to use or how to restore to stock?

Thanks

scoobaspeaz
Old
Thanks Meter 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottocs View Post
My dad has a Droid Razr Maxx HD and I currently have the bootloader unlocked and a custom Recovery and Rom on there.
He keeps having problems with whatever ROM I put on (forgot by now) and I'd like to put him back to stock or a ROM that based on stock system.

What version of Android is stock on now? I read that they will be rolling out a 4.4 upgrade sometime soon.
Any advice on which ROM to use or how to restore to stock?

Thanks

You should use RSD Lite and go back to this version: http://sbf.droid-developers.org/down...vice=5&file=75

Motorola Moto X: Stock Android 4.4.2 with Xposed framework AND CyanogenMod 11
Motorola Droid Razr HD MAXX: CyanogenMod 11
------------
Tablet:
Nook Color: CM10
Nook Tablet: CM 10
------------
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to scoobaspeaz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

scottocs
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobaspeaz View Post
You should use RSD Lite and go back to this version: http://sbf.droid-developers.org/down...vice=5&file=75
Ah, that's a useful site. Thanks.

If you had to choose a 4.4.2 ROM, which would you choose?
Also, what version of RSDLite?

scoobaspeaz
Old
Thanks Meter 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottocs View Post
Ah, that's a useful site. Thanks.

If you had to choose a 4.4.2 ROM, which would you choose?
Also, what version of RSDLite?
I am partial to CyanogenMod myself. I think CM 11 is at a point now you could use it daily. They have an "M" build out there for it currently which they consider as stable as can be at the time and they allow bug reports on it.

One thing to take into consideration about these roms is they are all using the drivers from the 4.1.2 build thats official for the phone. All of them are waiting on the 4.4.2 update being released to have current Android 4.4 drivers tested to work for the device.

In a nutshell expect some sort of buggyness on roms but especially with custom roms on devices that are using old 4.1 based drivers.

Motorola Moto X: Stock Android 4.4.2 with Xposed framework AND CyanogenMod 11
Motorola Droid Razr HD MAXX: CyanogenMod 11
------------
Tablet:
Nook Color: CM10
Nook Tablet: CM 10
------------
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to scoobaspeaz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

scottocs
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Thanks again. I'll stick with Stock for my dad. I told him to get the HTC One M8 since he can't get the Nexus 5 for Verizon.
He'll be happy soon enough!