Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,489 Members 44,952 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy note3 menu & back key problem

Tip us?
 
mlikotaxda1989
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: zadar

 
DONATE TO ME
Phone Galaxy note3 menu & back key problem

Hi guys
I have a problem with my galaxy note3 n900t. My menu and back key is not working when i touch them with my fingers but they work whit the s pen! Anyone with the same problem or a solution?
Thx
 
nimixes
Old
#2  
nimixes's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 122
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Riverside california
Someone else mentioned something similar, however insufficient information makes it hard to help much. I had an issue with original note and it was the rom. Tried other roms? Are you rooted? Stock? Custom rom?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda premium
Dizzay D
Devices (in no specific order)
Samsung Captivate Glide -
Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket -

Motorola Atrix 4G -
LG Quantum -
Iphone 3G-
Iphon 2G-
Iphone 4-
Iphone 4s
HTC Tilt2-
HTC Touch-
Samsung Captivate-
HTC G1-
HTC Mogul-
Samsung Note

Galaxy Note 3 AT&T
 
mlikotaxda1989
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: zadar

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimixes View Post
Someone else mentioned something similar, however insufficient information makes it hard to help much. I had an issue with original note and it was the rom. Tried other roms? Are you rooted? Stock? Custom rom?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda premium
The problem started on the stock rom. The key would not light up and they would not respond on my fingers just my s pen... this was the first phone that i liked on a stock rom haha... but i rooted it in hoppe that it would solve the problem.... i installed the wicked v5 rom... but still nothing... i called the service and they never heared about a problem like that... haha... but they sad that i had to repair the hole thing (digitizer,display...) not just the buttons... so not a cheap thing to do... so thats about everything....
 
newr
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 158
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlikotaxda1989 View Post
The problem started on the stock rom. The key would not light up and they would not respond on my fingers just my s pen... this was the first phone that i liked on a stock rom haha... but i rooted it in hoppe that it would solve the problem.... i installed the wicked v5 rom... but still nothing... i called the service and they never heared about a problem like that... haha... but they sad that i had to repair the hole thing (digitizer,display...) not just the buttons... so not a cheap thing to do... so thats about everything....
This just happened with my note 3. Not sure if it was after I rooted or it just happened randomly.
 
nimixes
Old
#5  
nimixes's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 122
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Riverside california
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlikotaxda1989 View Post
The problem started on the stock rom. The key would not light up and they would not respond on my fingers just my s pen... this was the first phone that i liked on a stock rom haha... but i rooted it in hoppe that it would solve the problem.... i installed the wicked v5 rom... but still nothing... i called the service and they never heared about a problem like that... haha... but they sad that i had to repair the hole thing (digitizer,display...) not just the buttons... so not a cheap thing to do... so thats about everything....
Try another clean install of stock. I would suggest putting it to stock and if the issue persists going through samsunh warranty. If the issue was ocurring on stock it is most likely defective. Goodluck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Dizzay D
Devices (in no specific order)
Samsung Captivate Glide -
Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket -

Motorola Atrix 4G -
LG Quantum -
Iphone 3G-
Iphon 2G-
Iphone 4-
Iphone 4s
HTC Tilt2-
HTC Touch-
Samsung Captivate-
HTC G1-
HTC Mogul-
Samsung Note

Galaxy Note 3 AT&T
 
newr
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 158
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimixes View Post
Try another clean install of stock. I would suggest putting it to stock and if the issue persists going through samsunh warranty. If the issue was ocurring on stock it is most likely defective. Goodluck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Mine is a t-mobile..I think it was fine until I rooted it..but I am not sure as I only just got the phone, so maybe it stopped working before I rooted. I have tried reflashing the stock firmware...no improvement. The only thing I havne't tired is updating it to 4.4.2
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Remove Unnecessary WhatsApp Elements with Xposed

In modern life, you can’t underestimate the power ofthe dark sidemessaging … more

MaR-V-iN to Talk Google and Android APIs at XDA:DevCon 2014

Our international xda:devcon 14in Manchester, UK on the weekend of September … more