Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,412 Members 45,269 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Google Camera v Stock Camera

Tip us?

tetracw
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Google Camera v Stock Camera

On of the first things I got my HTC One M8 was download the Google Camera APK. I like it much better than the HTC camera. It's quicker and simpler to use. I am wondering if the google camera knows how to take advantage of the M8 Dual Cameras though. anyone know? I would switch back to the HTC app to take full advantage of my phones hardware.

mswlogo
Old
Thanks Meter 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetracw View Post
On of the first things I got my HTC One M8 was download the Google Camera APK. I like it much better than the HTC camera. It's quicker and simpler to use. I am wondering if the google camera knows how to take advantage of the M8 Dual Cameras though. anyone know? I would switch back to the HTC app to take full advantage of my phones hardware.
One way to tell would be to take a pic in google and then go see if you can "Process it" with the DUO functions.

I doubt it will work. But it's possible.
Samsung Galaxy S5 with R.O.D.T

Chewieez
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
One way to tell would be to take a pic in google and then go see if you can "Process it" with the DUO functions.

I doubt it will work. But it's possible.
You cannot add any of the HTC effects that use the extra lense to a photo that's taken with the Google Camera app, so I imagine right now, it doesn't take advantage of the extra lense. Google Camera does have a new feature to blur the background, where you take the pic and then slowly move the camera up. I think their effect looks much better than the u-focus HTC effect, and Google Camera blur effect is adjustable for how much blur you want.

However I'm the opposite as you. I like the HTC camera interface better but like the blurring feature in Google Camera.