[Q] Google Camera v Stock Camera

OP tetracw

7th May 2014, 11:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

30 posts
On of the first things I got my HTC One M8 was download the Google Camera APK. I like it much better than the HTC camera. It's quicker and simpler to use. I am wondering if the google camera knows how to take advantage of the M8 Dual Cameras though. anyone know? I would switch back to the HTC app to take full advantage of my phones hardware.
8th May 2014, 12:14 AM   |  #2  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 238

1,357 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetracw

On of the first things I got my HTC One M8 was download the Google Camera APK. I like it much better than the HTC camera. It's quicker and simpler to use. I am wondering if the google camera knows how to take advantage of the M8 Dual Cameras though. anyone know? I would switch back to the HTC app to take full advantage of my phones hardware.

One way to tell would be to take a pic in google and then go see if you can "Process it" with the DUO functions.

I doubt it will work. But it's possible.
8th May 2014, 04:36 AM   |  #3  
Flag Nashville, TN
Thanks Meter: 39

169 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo

One way to tell would be to take a pic in google and then go see if you can "Process it" with the DUO functions.

I doubt it will work. But it's possible.

You cannot add any of the HTC effects that use the extra lense to a photo that's taken with the Google Camera app, so I imagine right now, it doesn't take advantage of the extra lense. Google Camera does have a new feature to blur the background, where you take the pic and then slowly move the camera up. I think their effect looks much better than the u-focus HTC effect, and Google Camera blur effect is adjustable for how much blur you want.

However I'm the opposite as you. I like the HTC camera interface better but like the blurring feature in Google Camera.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread