Safe Mode

5th May 2014, 08:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Hampshire
Thanks Meter: 316

734 posts
Donate to Me
More
Has anyone booted into this? Also, does anyone know what it means and what temporarily disabling third party apps mean?

No, I am not looking to exploit root this way, I'm not an idiot. Just wondering about this
6th May 2014, 01:38 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 53

50 posts
Donate to Me
safe mode launch only pre-installed apps (system folder) not third party apps (data folder)
If you want to launch third party app in safe mode, move it from app folder in data to app folder in system
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhrU2hxqP6E
8th May 2014, 05:00 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 930

2,403 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennisg34

Has anyone booted into this? Also, does anyone know what it means and what temporarily disabling third party apps mean?

No, I am not looking to exploit root this way, I'm not an idiot. Just wondering about this

not sure why id want to boot into safe mode but disabling third party apps is self explanatory.. the guy above me stated very well ^

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app
8th May 2014, 05:16 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Hampshire
Thanks Meter: 316

734 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliwigy

not sure why id want to boot into safe mode but disabling third party apps is self explanatory.. the guy above me stated very well ^

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app

Well yeah, I got that understanding already. I had a brain fart and due to lack of sleep was confused. I was originally trying to find download mode and since it's been forever since I've needed it with the S4 I forgot you had to hold down the Home button as well.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread