Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,000 Members 49,252 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Watning: Ultra power Savior mode = No alarm

Tip us?

SlimJ87D
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 411
Default Watning: Ultra power Savior mode = No alarm

Good morning guys,

I just found out the hard way that with ultra power Savior mode, your alarms do not go off. XD

Was a tiny bit late to work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium HD app
Current Devices:
AT&T HTC One
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)

Wickidmasshole
Old
Thanks Meter 185
You need to hit the + sign and add clock.
Did the same thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app
"I can't believe I ever had an iphone"
The Following User Says Thank You to Wickidmasshole For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SlimJ87D
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickidmasshole View Post
You need to hit the + sign and add clock.
Did the same thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app
So I won't be late to work again? Lol

Current Devices:
AT&T HTC One

PuffinNugz
Old
Thanks Meter 202
Just curious, were you not at home? If you were home, why would you not just put it on the charger? I've always thought this was odd, especially when people complain about a phone not lasting 3 days. They have access to a charger, but they don't use it. I put my phone on the charger every night when i go to bed so it's always fully charged in the morning.

Again, just curious as it's your phone so i really don't care what you do. lol

rbedell
Old
Thanks Meter 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffinNugz View Post
Just curious, were you not at home? If you were home, why would you not just put it on the charger? I've always thought this was odd, especially when people complain about a phone not lasting 3 days. They have access to a charger, but they don't use it. I put my phone on the charger every night when i go to bed so it's always fully charged in the morning.

Less charge cycles on the battery? Data disables? Maybe he was charging his phone and/or he just leaves the option on unless he needs the other features of a smartphone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

pvc_
Old
(Last edited by pvc_; 7th May 2014 at 06:24 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
I noticed this the other day. Just to be safe I added the Clock app to the list of allowed apps, and it still didn't buzz.

Many years ago when I bought my first "smart" phone, I turned my old Sony Erickson phone off and put it on the shelf. The next morning it turned itself back on to ring the alarm, so I wouldn't miss my appointment. That sweet thing was way ahead of its time , and it wasn't even supposed to be "smart."
The Following User Says Thank You to pvc_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cerobles1
Old
Thanks Meter 68
I can confirm the alarm does go off and sounds off while your phone is in UPSM. every night I go to sleep wether it's charging or not I turn on UPSM and every day my alarm wakes me up, and when I wake up before it it'll still go off. So may e it's the way u set up ur alarm that caused the problem. Hell, I can even use the facebook app while in UPSM. Good luck man.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

SlimJ87D
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffinNugz View Post

If you want to know why, it's not good practice to leave your phone in the charger for many reasons. Some maybe superstitious to others and not to many.

I just wanted to put it in the mode to try it overnight since it only drains a single percent like in 8 hours.

Lastly, I'm not the type of person that complains about battery anyways.

Current Devices:
AT&T HTC One