Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,583 Members 40,058 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Return Unlocked Phone to HTC for Repair

Tip us?

iwalkthrowwalls
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default [Q] Return Unlocked Phone to HTC for Repair

My Sprint HTC One will not be recognized by any PC. It is unlocked. I have tried it S-On and S-Off. I have tried multiple cords, on multiple USB ports, on multiple ROMs, on multiple PCs Win 8, and Win 7. I've installed universal drivers and the uninstalled HTC Sync. I took it to the Sprint Store and the tech thought he fixed it by putting the phone in USB debugging mode. That didn't work. HTC said to reset the battery stats by powering down for ten minutes, then hold vol up, vol down, and power for two minutes. No luck...

I am able to to use Dropbox to load ROMs and backup files.

I reached out to HTC again to troubleshoot. My question is, will i encounter problems if i send the phone unlocked and on a custom ROM to repair a USB port? The warranty language mentioned service fees and handling fees. I don't wish to encounter these. lol. I would love to send it back with factory setting, but cannot without a working USB port and a PC. Right? Any suggestions?

I know am not supposed to return a return an unlocked phone to HTC. I just need help returning it to stock without a PC. Thanks in advance.

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 950

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwalkthrowwalls View Post
My Sprint HTC One will not be recognized by any PC. It is unlocked. I have tried it S-On and S-Off. I have tried multiple cords, on multiple USB ports, on multiple ROMs, on multiple PCs Win 8, and Win 7. I've installed universal drivers and the uninstalled HTC Sync. I took it to the Sprint Store and the tech thought he fixed it by putting the phone in USB debugging mode. That didn't work. HTC said to reset the battery stats by powering down for ten minutes, then hold vol up, vol down, and power for two minutes. No luck...

I am able to to use Dropbox to load ROMs and backup files.

I reached out to HTC again to troubleshoot. My question is, will i encounter problems if i send the phone unlocked and on a custom ROM to repair a USB port? The warranty language mentioned service fees and handling fees. I don't wish to encounter these. lol. I would love to send it back with factory setting, but cannot without a working USB port and a PC. Right? Any suggestions?

I know am not supposed to return a return an unlocked phone to HTC. I just need help returning it to stock without a PC. Thanks in advance.
Without the ability to connect it to a pc there is not much you can do
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot

iwalkthrowwalls
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray View Post
Without the ability to connect it to a pc there is not much you can do
Has anyone returned an unlocked phone to HTC and got it fxed without paying tons of money?

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 950

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwalkthrowwalls View Post
Has anyone returned an unlocked phone to HTC and got it fxed without paying tons of money?
you'll probably have to pay for the repair. Will probably cost somewhere between 200-300$
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot

iwalkthrowwalls
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Talking Returned and back to normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by alray View Post
you'll probably have to pay for the repair. Will probably cost somewhere between 200-300$
Okay,

So i was able to restore my phone from my first stock back up. This was my saving grace. I transferred it via Dropbox. I then, used the Terminal app and Revone to relock bootloader and make the phone look as close to stock as possible. Then only things I was't able to return was S-Off back to S-On and the red developer warning on bootscreen. After returning to mostly stock i sent the phone to HTC by Fed Ex ($25) and received my phone back fixed and returned to full stock and an new Sim card. Victory! It only took a week and a half. I ended up getting the M8 anyway, but I'm happy to know that HTC was able to help me out.
Tags
htc unlocked repair return stock