Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Need help installing clockwork recover on my Atrix HD MB886

OP riekkir

8th May 2014, 07:02 AM   |  #21  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s

Oh yea, forgot you have to undo the screws on the bottom. So you scroll down to hit recovery and use the Power button to select and it doesn't do anything? That's odd.. Try and reflash the recovery since you can still get to fastboot. If that doesn't work, you're not totally screwed since you can still get to fastboot, that means you should be able to restore it to stock and start over.

Alternatively, if you have fastboot set up, you could make sure that philz touch is in the fastboot folder and use this command:

fastboot boot recovery nameofphilztouchfile.img

If you don't have fastboot, then just grab this one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2317790 , drop the recovery img in that folder and open the CMD prompt on your computer and change directories to it and run the command.

got good news, I left my phone running maybe for 20 mins and it actually loaded the rom up and it's all working, it's just a bit hot at the back of the phone though but the rom looks good

next time I'll back up and all that good stuff, now how can I take advantage of my rooted device?
8th May 2014, 07:05 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 589

3,105 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by riekkir

got good news, I left my phone running maybe for 20 mins and it actually loaded the rom up and it's all working, it's just a bit hot at the back of the phone though but the rom looks good

next time I'll back up and all that good stuff, now how can I take advantage of my rooted device?

Well, now you know the rom works, I'd actually suggest going back to recovery and reinstalling it with wiping the system, just so you can make sure there aren't any leftover issues from whatever you tried before. But am very happy that you got it booting again. I knew it was fixable!

Don't forget to hit the Thanks!
8th May 2014, 07:12 AM   |  #23  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Quote:

Well, now you know the rom works, I'd actually suggest going back to recovery and reinstalling it with wiping the system, just so you can make sure there aren't any leftover issues from whatever you tried before. But am very happy that you got it booting again. I knew it was fixable!

Don't forget to hit the Thanks!

I appreciate all the help, I'll definitely do that now, the only thing that I notice is that wifi isn't working and this is supposed to be a release, aka a weekly version so this shouldn't be a problem, any fixes?

I will!
8th May 2014, 07:14 AM   |  #24  

3,105 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by riekkir

I appreciate all the help, I'll definitely do that now, the only thing that I notice is that wifi isn't working and this is supposed to be a release, aka a weekly version so this shouldn't be a problem, any fixes?

I will!

It might be fixed after you reinstall everything properly. If it does not, please describe the issue:

Does it not toggle on?
Does it toggle on, but can't pick up anything?
Does it toggle on, but can't authenticate?
Other?
8th May 2014, 07:17 AM   |  #25  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Quote:

It might be fixed after you reinstall everything properly. If it does not, please describe the issue:

Does it not toggle on?
Other?

I'll re-install the rom now, it simply won't toggle on though.
8th May 2014, 07:24 AM   |  #26  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Quote:

Does it not toggle on?
Other?

And I can't get into recovery or anything after using Myth Tools, any fix for this?? I have usb debugging enabled :S
8th May 2014, 07:29 AM   |  #27  

3,105 posts
Donate to Me
More
The rom doesn't have a reboot to recovery option? Or it does, but it's not working? If you don't see it, you might have to enable Developer Options by clicking on the Build Version 7 times in Settings / About Phone, then go back once and in Developer Options - enable the Advanced Reboot.

Often, if wifi doesn't even toggle on, it's an issue with the kernel, in my experience. But this can vary by phone. I haven't played with the HD before, though, so there might be something else as well. Let's see what happens after the new install and go from there...
8th May 2014, 07:42 AM   |  #28  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Quote:

The rom doesn't have a reboot to recovery option? Or it does, but it's not working? If you don't see it, you might have to enable Developer Options by clicking on the Build Version 7 times in Settings / About Phone, then go back once and in Developer Options - enable the Advanced Reboot.

Often, if wifi doesn't even toggle on, it's an issue with the kernel, in my experience. But this can vary by phone. I haven't played with the HD before, though, so there might be something else as well. Let's see what happens after the new install and go from there...

Awesome reinstalled cleanly, this time didn't hang at the bootlogo, now where can I get the gaaps or however you spell it for 4.4?
8th May 2014, 07:49 AM   |  #29  

3,105 posts
Donate to Me
More
Cool. So wifi is working then or no? Here are the Gapps linked from Mokee's thread:

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407566631

They're a little old, but would still recommend since that's what the Devs suggested. Everything that needs to update should be able to from the Play Store and it'll force you to update some of the stuff right away probably like the Google Play Services, etc.anyway.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread