Post Reply

[Q] Disabling cellular services on xt1032

8th May 2014, 03:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
hey, i have a moto g xt1032 international gsm and was wondering if there was any way i could disable calling and texting temporarily without removing the microsim card. I'm going to the US for a week soon and i don't want to rack up my phone bill while i'm there but i don't want to remove the microsim card either in case i need to call or text someone in case of emergency. Thanks.
8th May 2014, 07:11 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 436
 
955 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by naneek2158

hey, i have a moto g xt1032 international gsm and was wondering if there was any way i could disable calling and texting temporarily without removing the microsim card. I'm going to the US for a week soon and i don't want to rack up my phone bill while i'm there but i don't want to remove the microsim card either in case i need to call or text someone in case of emergency. Thanks.

Put it in aeroplane mode... simple.
but you cannot use wifi.
8th May 2014, 07:16 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by reversegear

Put it in aeroplane mode... simple.
but you cannot use wifi.

I was kinda hoping there a mod for the phone i could flash or something that would give it the ability to disable cellular while leaving everything else enabled because my old samsung phone had this feature
8th May 2014, 07:25 AM   |  #4  
Member
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 48
 
91 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by naneek2158

I was kinda hoping there a mod for the phone i could flash or something that would give it the ability to disable cellular while leaving everything else enabled because my old samsung phone had this feature

Aeroplane mode indeed disable the WiFi, but you can enable it afterwards separately. So aeroplane is what you need.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Rhyn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th May 2014, 07:31 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyn

Aeroplane mode indeed disable the WiFi, but you can enable it afterwards separately. So aeroplane is what you need.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Thanks. I didn't know you could enable wifi during aeroplane mode
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Moto G Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank