[Q] Android Update Help

OP atmirzaali

8th May 2014, 12:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Dear Members and mods,

Hellow!

I m using Samsung Galaxy Ace S 5830 and my android version is 2.2.1(Original), I want to update to latest version of android, what i want to know is should i update this version of android directly into latest version i.e 4.4.2 or should i update it gradually. Please help me on this small issue and also suggest me which files do i need for update. Your kind cooperation will be very helpful for me. Please reply ASAP because i m waiting for this since too long.

Regards.
ALI
8th May 2014, 01:22 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 854

1,884 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atmirzaali

Dear Members and mods,

Hellow!

I m using Samsung Galaxy Ace S 5830 and my android version is 2.2.1(Original), I want to update to latest version of android, what i want to know is should i update this version of android directly into latest version i.e 4.4.2 or should i update it gradually. Please help me on this small issue and also suggest me which files do i need for update. Your kind cooperation will be very helpful for me. Please reply ASAP because i m waiting for this since too long.

Regards.
ALI

FIRST OF ALL WRONG SECTION

You must read rules and then post in the correct section...

Next time use the Q&A Thread, thank you for understanding it

It's possible, but you need to update to Gingerbread in order to avoid issues

Here you have a great thread with all the information you need, read it carefully twice and then follow it
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2313363

and here the hubix's Guide
Last edited by Viper The Ripper; 8th May 2014 at 01:31 AM.
8th May 2014, 09:11 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 362

956 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by atmirzaali

Dear Members and mods,

Hellow!

Regards.
ALI

First thing you will need to do is to upgrade to Gingerbread. Here is the link on how to install stock rom using odin along with all firmwares and drivers (check the "Preparations" section),

Flash stock rom on Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 using odin

If your PC cannot recognize the phone, its usually the drivers. Once installed, go to recovery mode (Power off and then hold Home+ Power button) and do a wipe data/ factory reset & wipe cache (otherwise bootloop might occur). Then restart. Now you have successfully flashed the stock rom. Here is the link for rooting and installing CWM 5 on Samsung Galaxy Ace,

How To Root and Unroot Samsung Galaxy Ace?

CWM 5.0.2.6 fix for Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830

If you are interested in installing the CM 11 KitKat rom, then you can try KitKat for all by @Salim El Yabouri which can be installed from CWM 5. While all other KitKat rom requires you to have CWM 6 which is kinda unstable. Here is the link,

Kitkat For All

Hope I Helped
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread