Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,661 Members 45,209 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Which baseband (firmware) if you're country isn't listed

Tip us?

_Stormy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Which baseband (firmware) if you're country isn't listed

Hi,

So I've rooted & flashed new custom ROM's on my Galaxy i9000 & P5100, specifically to improve performance, though some technicalities still elude me.

For eg. my P5100 has CyanogenMod 11-20140504-NIGHTLY-p5100 though the baseband version states P5100XXCLI5

On SamMobile there is newer versions, though the downloads are around 1GB, and relates to specific countries, whereas a custom ROM is around 200MB.

i.e

Model: GT-P5100
Model name: GALAXY Tab 2 10.1
Version: Android 4.2.2
Changelist: 2392162
Build date: Sat, 04 Jan 2014 07:15:13 +0000
Product Code: ONE
PDA: P5100XXDNA1
CSC: P5100ONEDNA1
MODEM: P5100XXDMG1

Surely the device will function better with the newer baseband (firmware), however, flashing the incorrect one via Odin could brick the device.

Therefore, how would I go about selecting the newest baseband (firmware) if my country is not even listed ? ...

LS.xD
Old
Thanks Meter 585

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stormy View Post
Hi,

So I've rooted & flashed new custom ROM's on my Galaxy i9000 & P5100, specifically to improve performance, though some technicalities still elude me.

For eg. my P5100 has CyanogenMod 11-20140504-NIGHTLY-p5100 though the baseband version states P5100XXCLI5

On SamMobile there is newer versions, though the downloads are around 1GB, and relates to specific countries, whereas a custom ROM is around 200MB.

i.e

Model: GT-P5100
Model name: GALAXY Tab 2 10.1
Version: Android 4.2.2
Changelist: 2392162
Build date: Sat, 04 Jan 2014 07:15:13 +0000
Product Code: ONE
PDA: P5100XXDNA1
CSC: P5100ONEDNA1
MODEM: P5100XXDMG1

Surely the device will function better with the newer baseband (firmware), however, flashing the incorrect one via Odin could brick the device.

Therefore, how would I go about selecting the newest baseband (firmware) if my country is not even listed ? ...

If your custom rom CM11 runs well --> DON'T flash any other firmware please.

The stock firmware inlcudes all device's partition (bootloader/radio/recovery/system and many BLOATWARE apps) Thats why the stock firmware packages need more storage
HTC One S @ PAC-man 4.4.2 [ALPHA1] [12/5/2014] + IceCode Kernel v4.0 // HBoot 2.15 - unlocked BL - S-OFF - NO "tampered & warning text" // TWRP mod 2.7.0.8

Samsung Galaxy W @ ParanoidAndroid 4.3 [BETA3] [6/5/2014] + KhaN Kernel v2.0 // Base: I8150XXLMI // PhilZ CWM 6.01.4

"REVIVED" HTC Wildfire S @ CyanogenMod 11(AWESOME!!!) [6/5/2014] //HBoot 1.09 - unlocked BL // TWRP 2.7.0.0

It won't hurt you to press "thanks" if me or someone other helped you...

_Stormy
Old
(Last edited by _Stormy; 6th May 2014 at 03:05 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the reply and noted.

However, I cannot update the apps as Google Play Store only states "No Connection" "retry" regardless of the number of times I do retry. (WiFi & 3G is working 100%)

I've tried all the options as mentioned on the net, though without any luck. (Re-flashed, factory defaulted, deleted & amended hosts file under /etc, cleared caches & disabled apps)

Currently the tablet is nothing but a large phone ... which is why updating the baseband (firmware) is ... like the only option I have left ...

Therefore that I'm pondering flashing the latest PDA, CSC & MODEM --- firmware--- (which is an Android 4.2.2 Bloat ROM), followed by an CyanogenMod "update" to Android 4.4.2

Which has me pondering the possibility of ONLY flashing the PDA, CSC & MODEM ... (not neglecting the fact that my country is not even listed within the SAMMobile.com firmware download page)

LS.xD
Old
Thanks Meter 585

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks for the reply and noted.

However, I cannot update the apps as Google Play Store only states "No Connection" "retry" regardless of the number of times I do retry. (WiFi & 3G is working 100%)

I've tried all the options as mentioned on the net, though without any luck. (Re-flashed, factory defaulted, deleted & amended hosts file under /etc, cleared caches & disabled apps)

Currently the tablet is nothing but a large phone ... which is why updating the baseband (firmware) is ... like the only option I have left ...

Therefore that I'm pondering flashing the latest PDA, CSC & MODEM --- firmware--- (which is an Android 4.2.2 Bloat ROM), followed by an CyanogenMod "update" to Android 4.4.2

Which has me pondering the possibility of ONLY flashing the PDA, CSC & MODEM ... (not neglecting the fact that my country is not even listed within the SAMMobile.com firmware download page)

Lastest Austria(Orange) FIRMWARE
HTC One S @ PAC-man 4.4.2 [ALPHA1] [12/5/2014] + IceCode Kernel v4.0 // HBoot 2.15 - unlocked BL - S-OFF - NO "tampered & warning text" // TWRP mod 2.7.0.8

Samsung Galaxy W @ ParanoidAndroid 4.3 [BETA3] [6/5/2014] + KhaN Kernel v2.0 // Base: I8150XXLMI // PhilZ CWM 6.01.4

"REVIVED" HTC Wildfire S @ CyanogenMod 11(AWESOME!!!) [6/5/2014] //HBoot 1.09 - unlocked BL // TWRP 2.7.0.0

_Stormy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the download link, though I already downloaded from http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=28194

TAB is now reflecting BASEBAND as P5100XXDMG1 (from previous P5100XXCLI5) with CyanogenMod flashed as the stock didn't come up.

However, I'm still stuck with Google whom cannot communicated with they're servers ....

LS.xD
Old
Thanks Meter 585

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks for the download link, though I already downloaded from http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=28194

TAB is now reflecting BASEBAND as P5100XXDMG1 (from previous P5100XXCLI5) with CyanogenMod flashed as the stock didn't come up.

However, I'm still stuck with Google whom cannot communicated with they're servers ....
Perform a FULL WIPE --> Then flash the stock firmware via ODIN again. Don't flash CM before you got it working again

_Stormy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Flashed stock ROM, though same result.

Then flashed SlimROM, though also with same result ...

By accident, found MoboGenie, which allows me to update the apps, as "No Connection", retry, is still relevant ...