Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Does the M8 have a notification LED?

OP skaforey

2nd April 2014, 07:22 PM   |  #11  
Flag Avon
Thanks Meter: 81

519 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaforey

Title says it all

yeah its at an odd place , two down and seven from the right lol (top speaker grill dots). Another thing I noticed is the orange charging/low power light is rather dim but the green notification light is very bright (compared to the other). Anyone else notice this?
The Following User Says Thank You to x70xchallengerx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd April 2014, 07:26 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 403

1,760 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by x70xchallengerx

yeah its at an odd place , two down and seven from the right lol (top speaker grill dots). Another thing I noticed is the orange charging/low power light is rather dim but the green notification light is very bright (compared to the other). Anyone else notice this?

Yeah, can't see the orange unless I'm looking at the phone dead on, but I can see the green from across the room.
8th May 2014, 05:25 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 26

107 posts
More
Before buying this phone, I was well aware of the lack of (customizable) LED notification support with HTC, and it still didn't stop me. This phone makes up for it in so many ways. After using it for a while, I thought for sure someone would at least figure out how to choose between amber and green LEDs for notifications, or even a combination of the two, but it seems only green is allowed somehow. Lightflow didn't work for me either. What a pity, as my Moto Droid could do many colors.
8th May 2014, 06:39 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 31

214 posts
Lightflow worked pretty well for me, currently not using it, but there is a thread around that has a pretty good setup proceedure. I just found that it had some quirks, so I'm back to stock. You can disable the timeout if you edit the default.xml

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
8th May 2014, 09:17 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 9

139 posts
The stock LED light is pretty doing fine for me. Haven't tried the Lightflow yet for what I know, M8 has a limited colors for its LED light.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread