Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,165 Members 44,090 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Does the M8 have a notification LED?

Tip us?

x70xchallengerx
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaforey View Post
Title says it all
yeah its at an odd place , two down and seven from the right lol (top speaker grill dots). Another thing I noticed is the orange charging/low power light is rather dim but the green notification light is very bright (compared to the other). Anyone else notice this?
- HTC One (M8) VZW
[ROM]Android Revolution HD 8.1
Stock Kernel
~S-OFF~ via FireWater
The Following User Says Thank You to x70xchallengerx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

replica9000
Old
Thanks Meter 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by x70xchallengerx View Post
yeah its at an odd place , two down and seven from the right lol (top speaker grill dots). Another thing I noticed is the orange charging/low power light is rather dim but the green notification light is very bright (compared to the other). Anyone else notice this?
Yeah, can't see the orange unless I'm looking at the phone dead on, but I can see the green from across the room.
Audiovox CDM-9000
LG VX10
Audiovox CDM-9500
Motorola V710
Motorola E815
Motorola Q Black
Samsung Omnia SCH-i910 w/Adrynalyne's WM-6.1 v1.6
HTC Incredible ADR6300VW2 [S-Off] w/ CyanogenMod 7 & IncrediKernel
Samsung Galaxy Nexus [returned]
HTC Rezound ADR6425LVW [S-Off] w/ Beanstalk and Hiro Kernel.
HTC One M7 HTC6500LVW [S-Off] [sold}
HTC One M8 HTC6525LVW [S-Off]
Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit!

djakrse
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Before buying this phone, I was well aware of the lack of (customizable) LED notification support with HTC, and it still didn't stop me. This phone makes up for it in so many ways. After using it for a while, I thought for sure someone would at least figure out how to choose between amber and green LEDs for notifications, or even a combination of the two, but it seems only green is allowed somehow. Lightflow didn't work for me either. What a pity, as my Moto Droid could do many colors.

Pauls57
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Lightflow worked pretty well for me, currently not using it, but there is a thread around that has a pretty good setup proceedure. I just found that it had some quirks, so I'm back to stock. You can disable the timeout if you edit the default.xml

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Napoleones
Old
Thanks Meter 9
The stock LED light is pretty doing fine for me. Haven't tried the Lightflow yet for what I know, M8 has a limited colors for its LED light.