Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,879 Members 50,129 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] All internal storage stuck read-only

Tip us?

87linux
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] All internal storage stuck read-only

I installed the GPE rom which worked fine for a few days, then all of a sudden crashes started happening. Now, whenever it crashes, it reboots, and after this, all the changes made to my internal storage are undone.

Neither fastboot nor adb nor recovery can make changes to any internal storage any longer. I've wiped everything there is to wipe and flashed all I could to get something to stick, but nothing will.

No errors are reported when I do these things. But nothing happens. I can't even tell if this is a hardware issue.

Please help me. Should I send it in for repairs?

Napoleones
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87linux View Post
I installed the GPE rom which worked fine for a few days, then all of a sudden crashes started happening. Now, whenever it crashes, it reboots, and after this, all the changes made to my internal storage are undone.

Neither fastboot nor adb nor recovery can make changes to any internal storage any longer. I've wiped everything there is to wipe and flashed all I could to get something to stick, but nothing will.

No errors are reported when I do these things. But nothing happens. I can't even tell if this is a hardware issue.

Please help me. Should I send it in for repairs?
Yeah. If there is no way that you cannot undo everything, better call for a repair.