Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,567 Members 42,938 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

WiFi won't work after 4.4.2 update

Tip us?

Martinlove
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default WiFi won't work after 4.4.2 update

I recently updated my SGS4 via OTA and found that WiFi would say turning on but turns off after sometime. I have tried changing ro.securestorage.support=true to false but it didnt fix the problem. Please help solve this issue.

Repulsa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,943

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinlove View Post
I recently updated my SGS4 via OTA and found that WiFi would say turning on but turns off after sometime. I have tried changing ro.securestorage.support=true to false but it didnt fix the problem. Please help solve this issue.
Dial *#1234# then check the CP and Download the WIFI fix from here and flash it via odin.

Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.

Disclaimer "Proceed with extreme caution as i take no responsibility for any damages to your phone. Do it at your own Risk"

All 4.4.2 GT-I9505 Modem / LTE / Bootloader

Martinlove
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Using International Version

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
Dial *#1234# then check the CP and Download the WIFI fix from here and flash it via odin.
Sorry i forgot to mention that i am using international version GT-I9500
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-06-10-48-43.png
Views:	20
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	2728522  

Repulsa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,943

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinlove View Post
Sorry i forgot to mention that i am using international version GT-I9500

Well you can try either do a factory reset / Wipe cache via recovery and if still doesnt work try to Flash/Download the firmware base from your country via odin , Or flash a different kernel.

Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.

Disclaimer "Proceed with extreme caution as i take no responsibility for any damages to your phone. Do it at your own Risk"

All 4.4.2 GT-I9505 Modem / LTE / Bootloader

Martinlove
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
Well you can try either do a factory reset / Wipe cache via recovery and if still doesnt work try to Flash/Download the firmware base from your country via odin , Or flash a different kernel.
That didn't work for me... Any other solution? Seems like im not the only one facing this problem. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2735466 All these guys are facing same problem.