[Q] Using the setPreferredNetworkType method through reflection

OP AndroRobo

7th May 2014, 06:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Thrissur
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
I've been going over the android sdk for the past year to find out if there is a way to change the network type(2g/3g/4g), in phones with root access.However I couldn't find any way to do this.Asking around,someone told me that I could do this using reflection,by calling a method on a phone instance.Looking through the source code,I did find a setPrefferedNetworkType(); method in the Phone Interface,inside the internal telephony package.Is there anyway I can use this to solve my problem.I can't seem to find a way to get an instance of a class that implements the interface.Or is there any other way to do it entirely?Please help
Last edited by AndroRobo; 8th May 2014 at 06:52 PM.
7th May 2014, 08:51 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 15

44 posts
If u are rooted why not use Xposed?

Sent from my GT-I9300
7th May 2014, 09:16 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 590

3,105 posts
Donate to Me
More
Not clear on exactly what you are trying to do... The settings to switch to different network types should be built-in. They are on MOST phones. This is a useful app for other situations where you can't access those settings:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...s/tellinfo.apk
8th May 2014, 10:11 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Thrissur
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
Question
I don't think you guys got what I was talking about.I know that there are built in settings to change it.But I want to build a widget that makes it easier to switch between networks.So I need to know how to do this with the api.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread