[Q] galaxy tab 2 system recovery

OP enkidoe

7th May 2014, 08:24 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

16 posts
guys,

my tab2 starts up with a system recovery screen.
i started reading on the forum, and according to many threds, i ned to wipe data/factory reset and then flash a ro. so i copied a rom(omni 4.4.2) to my micro sd, wiped data/factory reset but then it stops. There is no flash option in the system recovery screen.

anyone who can help?

thanks ina dvance.
7th May 2014, 09:48 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 17

38 posts
Sounds like you are dealing with the Stock recovery.

To flash a custom ROM you FIRST need to flash a custom recovery to flash the ROM.

- For CM11 flash Philz Touch or CWM Swipe Edition through ODIN3.
- For OMNI flash TWRP through ODIN3.

This means: Get the .tar.md5 from Android Andi's file repository, install ODIN3 + USB drivers on your computer, put the Tablet into Download Mode, start ODIN3, select the recovery file as a "PDA" file, connect the tablet, flash it, disconnect after flashing, get into the custom recovery (Power + Vol UP), flash the ROM + gapps.

Or ... maybe read the OP post of the custom ROM you want to flash with a bit more care and attention - it's usually pointed out that you need a custom recovery in order to flash the ROM (stock recovery won't cut it).
The Following User Says Thank You to BoneWithABeagle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th May 2014, 10:52 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneWithABeagle

Sounds like you are dealing with the Stock recovery.

To flash a custom ROM you FIRST need to flash a custom recovery to flash the ROM.

- For CM11 flash Philz Touch or CWM Swipe Edition through ODIN3.
- For OMNI flash TWRP through ODIN3.

This means: Get the .tar.md5 from Android Andi's file repository, install ODIN3 + USB drivers on your computer, put the Tablet into Download Mode, start ODIN3, select the recovery file as a "PDA" file, connect the tablet, flash it, disconnect after flashing, get into the custom recovery (Power + Vol UP), flash the ROM + gapps.

Or ... maybe read the OP post of the custom ROM you want to flash with a bit more care and attention - it's usually pointed out that you need a custom recovery in order to flash the ROM (stock recovery won't cut it).

thanks for the reply.
SOmehow i got the tab back into flashing to a samsung rom. Am happy it is working again, although it is with a samsung rom(those things are slow )

Will start the procedure youre suggesting.

Regards.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread