Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] SW2 Firmware upgrade process freeze

OP omidmr

8th May 2014, 12:30 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 3

45 posts
At this point you used to be able to "repair" the firmware on the watch using the Sony Update Service. Using your pc you used to be able to load a basic firmware onto the watch and start again...but I think Sony have removed the SW2 from this service.

I think someone on here said they used the SW1 repair option and it worked for them but i'm not sure I would be brave enough to try that unless the watch was totally stuck.....
8th May 2014, 01:15 PM   |  #12  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 3

50 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by omidmr

I know I can use dfu-utils to flash from CLI, but I cannot find any DFU file for smartwatch 2.
If it is possible for you, make a backup from yours and give it to me thanks.

I managed to find this, however, I am not exactly sure for which version it is... https://github.com/underverk/SmartWa...ginal-Firmware. I am not able to get to my personal PC for some time, so I won't be able to provide you with a system dump from my watch.
8th May 2014, 01:17 PM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruggs1234

At this point you used to be able to "repair" the firmware on the watch using the Sony Update Service. Using your pc you used to be able to load a basic firmware onto the watch and start again...but I think Sony have removed the SW2 from this service.

I think someone on here said they used the SW1 repair option and it worked for them but i'm not sure I would be brave enough to try that unless the watch was totally stuck.....

Yes, they removed SW2 and SW1 option is not working for SW2!
8th May 2014, 01:22 PM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
hennoit lime
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikaze666

I managed to find this, however, I am not exactly sure for which version it is... https://github.com/underverk/SmartWa...ginal-Firmware. I am not able to get to my personal PC for some time, so I won't be able to provide you with a system dump from my watch.

Thanks a lot...
I saw that link, that's for SW1.

But I've found latest SW2 firmware from their package in google play

Now my problem is that I cannot restore those images, because there are some differences between those packages and what dfu-utils uses!
I've faced "Error: Only DfuSe file version 1.1a is supported" error, there are a paragraph in http://dfu-util.gnumonks.org/dfuse.html site about this problem, under ".dfu files" heading.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread